cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing new TOMCAT to the existing SAP BO 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our project , we have having SAP BO set up on Linux box and the TOMCAT is installed on Windows box. Now we are planning to install new TOMCAT in LINUX where the our BO is existing and want to use new TOMCAT and decomission the windows TOMCAT .

I request you please let me know the steps to install the tomcat in inux and connect to the existing CMS and also please let me know the risks involved to do this.Our BO version is BO 3.1 SP6 FP 6 and database is Oracle 10.

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

You have 2 options:

A. Install tomcat separately:

- This approach would involve first checking PAM to first find out which tomcat version is supported. Also checking which JDK is supported with tomcat and making sure your Linux server has it.

- Once you decided which version, then download that from Apache's site.

- Usually its a package which you have to extract on your server and unarchive. Configure it's startup service.

- Add business object libraries location in java options. (Refer to java tab on your windows tomcat.)

- Use wdeploy utility to prepare and deploy war files.

B. Modify the existing installation using AddRemoveProduct.sh / modify or remove product script.(situated one folder above bobje) Select Tomcat and that's it.

- Everything automatically done for you.

In my opinion option B is better since it will help you in easy maintenance throughout the life cycle.

Hope that helps!!!

Regards,

Sarvjot Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvjot. I see option B is as straight and simple. I will follow it.

0 Kudos

No problems.

Also Shashi, make sure that as a regular practice, before modifying BOBJ / upgrading. You must take a backup of CMS db and the filestore. As that helps you to recover from any contingencies