Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirection html pages from logon page issue

srinivasarao_kambala4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have upgraded NW Portal from 7.0 to 7.3

We are using 7.3 logon war file and done the customization. our  requirement is, when we logon hrough "https://xyz.com" portal
initially html page needs to be poulate after click on login button in html page logon page will populate.

for the above requirement, we taken block of code (redirecting to html page ) from 7.0 par file , trying to include this code into the 7.3
logon war file. but we are facing errors like componentRequest cannot be resolved.

Note:redirection of html page is working in 7.0 portal.

please help me to acheive above requirement.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dror_last
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

According to your description you are attempting to customize your logon page in a similar way to what was done on 7.0.

This is totally incorrect.

Please refer to SAP Knowledge Base Article 1935486 - NetWeaver Portal 7.3X/7.4 and custom logon screens

• In NW 7.3X and 7.4, the Enterprise Portal no longer has its own logon page. Instead it uses the AS Java logon component, so in order to develop a custom logon page you must follow the steps described on SAP Help Developing a Custom Logon Screen.

As you should custimize only the JSP central logon pages you can't have in your JSP's code which refers to portal objects such as componentRequest.

I guess this is not much of a help for your current need but will put you in the correct direction for doing a supportable solution for 7.3

Best Regards,

Dror.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas, resolving in NWDS dont have to work clean for JSP's due my experience with migrating/developing logon modules at all. You can build and deploy nevertheless, take a look to available tutorials. Imho you should try to find out what are the problems while runtime, "aResponse" look suspicious to me e.g.

cheers