Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement type with reference to Batch Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody please help me.

we have multiple country of origin for a single material. So we used batch management process process and we created two different batch number as A1 and B1. we are using this batch number in sales order. Till this movement every thing is ok. but i am facing two issues.

Issue no 1) :  I am having stock for the batch A1 is 5 NOS and B1 10 NOS. Now i created one sales order with qty 10 Nos and batch as A1. system confirms 5 nos as per the batch qty. Now the issue is during MRP run system is not generating planned order as per the sales order requirement. Planing strategy i am following 40. let me know is there any possibility to consider batch number during availability check in MRP run like Sales order Availability check.

Issue No2 ) : Is there any possible to maintain Procurement type for material and Batch number combination. My customer wants during MRP run if the stock is not available for  batch A1 system should create planned order. if the stock is not available for Batch B1 system should create purchase request.

Please guide me how can i achieve these issues.

Thanks & Regards

Bhakta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhakta,

Now the issue is during MRP run system is not generating planned order as per the sales order requirement.

Yes, because there is no shortage.

Let me know is there any possibility to consider batch number during availability check in MRP run like Sales order Availability check.

MRP does not have an availability check.  It performs a similar function, called 'net requirements calculation' in which any shortages are calculated.  Standard ECC MRP does not support using a 'Batch' segment during net requirements calculation.

If tying a single batch directly to a sales order is important to you, you should consider using MTO.

There also might be some opportunity in using a workaround.  You could try creating 'MRP areas' by storage location, and then create two storage locations for each material; one for 'A1 batch' and one for 'B1 batch'.  Then, when you enter the sales order, in addition to entering the batch, also enter the storage location.

For your second Issue, I doubt that it can be completely met using standard ECC functionality.  If you are willing to allow one or the other of the two procurement methods (internally procured vs externally procured) to be managed via reorder point planning, then there is some opportunity to again use storage locations; and define one of them to be planned separately.

Planning Storage Location Stock Separately - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49