cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM main_transexec/tabim_trans took long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

we are upgrading from EHP4 to EHP6 in execution phase it tool long time in MAIN_TRANSEXEC/TABIM_TRANS some body suggest me to check sto4 st06 but system is down not able to login

I have chosen Single System (longer downtime, no shadow instance or shadow instance running exclusively) , but in this system downtime is more compare to other

some body let me know from which user ID can i login to system to check the log i little bit know if we opt SHADOW system it creates new instance in which we can login but in Single System (longer downtime, no shadow instance or shadow instance running exclusively) , i don't know how do i login to system

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

are the logs getting updated in the <Upgrade directory>/abap/tmp ?

If possible supply the latest log from the <Upgrade directory>/abap/log directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks for your valuable suggestion it is getting updated in <Upgrade Directory>/abap/tmp

we are able move ahead and we have successfully  upgrade our EHP4 to EHP6 it took 83 hours in which 51 hours it took in execution phase and total system was shutdown

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

I thing you can login to shadow instance using DDIC user.and also it has some limitation to execute the transaction code's.

Could you share your OS/DB version?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i don't see any shadow instance here i have selected single system i don't know where it create instance

we have two instance in PRD 01 02 is sum create new instance or in that only i have to login with DDIC user i read somewhere that it create new instance but that was in SHADOW but what about Single instance give me some brief Idea.....

my os aix 6.1 and db is 11.2.0.4.0

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check the log files your upgrade completed or not?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Log says it is running from many hours so i can i login to app level and check sm21 st22 dupms i can cpu usage from os it says it occupies 33% of total cpu all this use by upgrade only bcaZ as system down no user log in

Regards