cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation times improvements vs savings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need your help with reflecting shop floor improvements in efficiency. Scenario is: after improvement project my client shortened direct labor time / Lead Time for group of materials, but client doesn't want to change routings as he wants to show better efficiency to prove savings.

On the other hand production planner needs to have correct data to plan production correctly (uses capacity planning). Is there a way to reconcile both?

I appreciate your help.

Darius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Routing you can update the material master,

Go to Routing-->Operations-->Extras-->Scheduling-->Schedule-->Enter the details-->Scheduling Results--> Update Material Master.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darius,

I am not sure exactly why your client does not want to change the times in the routing. If the reason is that they don´t want to reflect variances in the standard cost, an option (I don't like it, but it is an option) would be to maintain a separate routing and a separate production versions for the costing run.. and maintain the real times in the regular routing for planning.

Your issue is quite common. Each area has their reasons. Depending on the maturity of your supply planning process, the idea of not reflecting the times in the routings could be a big issue for different processes as scheduling, material planning (if you have a kind of just in time), etc..

The ideal solution would be to have a meeting with representatives of each area (costing, production, planning) in order to share the reasons that each of them have and get an agreement.

Kind Regards,

Mariano