Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PM DOMAIN EXPERIENCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working as maintenance engineer for 4 years. Now i want to pursue my career in SAP PM. My question is that can I appear for SAP PM certification exam without attending training in authorized center.

Anywhere in the world.

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopabandhu

You would need to contact the SAP Education and Training Centre for the country as each country may have different rules.

However, my advise to you is to seek some form of training. I do realise India has specific rules but not sure on other countries.

As you are a maintenance engineer, I assume you are an end user and not necessarily configuring the system. Therefore, you may know your job quite well in terms of business processes but may not be strong on configuration of plant maintenance module.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your valuable insight. I am planning to get trained in SAP PM. But the thing is authorized training centers are too costly in India and on the other hand, training in unauthorized training center won't qualify me for certification exam. In India to get a job someone should be experienced or certified.

So I was planning to get trained in unauthorized training center and attend certification exam in some other country where rules are not that strict like India.

Please let me know if you know anything about this.

Thank you.

former_member749777
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.