cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting some reports of a webi document

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Business Objects 4.1 and in my case a webi document composed of 3 reports.

I would like to export (by using java sdk) only the "Report 1" et "Report 3" in a PDF or XLS file.

I can see in the Launchpad the options you see in the attached file to the discussion... So I think We could do the same with the Java SDK...

Someone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

It is not possible to export selected reports into the same output file.

Either exporting the document as a whole or exporting an individual report is what is possible as of now.

Thanks,

Saritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean : which objects/methods linked to DocumentInstance or Reports or Report can I use for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Below is the method that is used.

Report boReport = boDocumentInstance.getReports().getItem(reportIndex);

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

Thank you for the information but in that case I can export each report separatly (each one will be in its own file). What I ask is to do the same thing as in the Launchpad : select different reports of the document (see picture in the first post) and export them in the same output file 🙂

Thanks in advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

I havent tried that, however let me check if there is any possibility. If I get answers to it I will let you know and request you for the same if you find one.

I would also like to get to your notice about the Restful webservices SDKs.

You would look at migrating things to Restful as it is the future particularly in terms of webi reports as most of the features of Report Engine SDKs have become obsolete from BI 4.0 onwards and more focus is towards the Rest SDKs.

You would like to look at the below forum for the same

http://scn.sap.com/community/restful-sdk

You would be able to find blogs and documents in the above link as well.

Thanks,

prithvi