cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS mobile and SAP Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I am asking myself, if it is possible to combine the ITS mobile technology and SAP screen personas in order to get a better user experience?

I don't have that mutch experience in this context. So a short answer would be great.

If it is not possible - why not?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor

ITS Mobile Screens are HTML screens. Though they are generated from GUI screens, they are just HTML screens. Persona's work only on GUI screens. So using Personas on HTML templates/screens is out of question.

Now there is another option.

All ITS transactions in GUI can be opened using NWBC for html. So you can enhance an existing ITS transaction (say /SCWM/RFUI) using persona, and then deliver it in RF gun using NWBC for HTML.

Definitely you will have to explore CSS, screen width etc.

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

The reason why I am asking is the following:

We are a company with about 10000 employees. In some areas we already have mobile apps. Most of them are developed by third-party companies. We provide the OData model on the SAP Gatway and they are developing the frontend using SAPUI5.

However, for some of our departments this solution is too expensive. For example in our production center, where usability is not the most important point. And sometimes no native smartphone functionalities are necessary.

Therefore I am looking for an easy way to handle this kind of requests. One on my ideas was to develop a new transaction  with bigger buttons and less information  and bringing it to the mobile device with ITSmobile. Is that an easy and good way? Would this work on an iphone?  In the production context there is only one device allowed, the iphone. So concers regarding the screen width would not be a problem.

What would be your expertise for this scenario? Regaring mobile devices, where only a lightweighted app is necessary, is your NWBC scenario also a good solution?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can definitely explore ITS Mobile. Efforts required for this is very low. There are lots of options for customization of look and feel. See

Is it for EWM or ECC IM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunantly I am not that well informend. But I know that we do not use the EWM yet. What would that change?

Are there other options to consider?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you use EWM or ECC-IM the concept remains the same with respect to ITS mobile.

EWM has few good materials on how to go ahead. If interested search for SAP RF Cook Book  here.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M H,

ITSMobile would not be a good solution for an iPhone or a UI5 Device.

A good starting point for ITSMobile is the WIKI

Based on the information provided so far - SAP Fiori sounds like a solution that you require rather than Personas?

One can use the Personas with the SAPGUI for HTML(WEBGUI)

See notes

1826286 - FAQ/How To Guide for SAP Screen Personas

and

1835017 - SAP GUI for HTML: Switch for supporting SAP Personas Add-on

Regards,

Oisin 

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oisin, Do you think ITS screens will have problem in iPhone?

The advantage of ITS Mobile solution being ability to implement in less effort compared to a UI5 app

Since ITS screens ultimately are only HTML, I do not think they should have any problem with iPhone. Isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning from Germany,

the problem is - and I think I am speaking for lots of companies - we ,as a ninternal IT provider, have a lot of skills regarding SAP programming, ABAP Dynpro and so on is our daily business. For the reason that we have a lot of individual processes which are different to the SAP standard, no delivered SAP Fiori App will fit. So in the end we would have to develop own solutions with SAPUI5.

Maybe in a few years we can do that step. But for the moment we dont have the budget and time to develop such apps on our own. Our production center want to have modern devices, but in some cases, an easy app would be enough. If no scanner or something is necessary a simple HTML page would be enough.

Do you have an other idea to fill this gap? I read about lots of different terms. BSP for example. I think the situation at SAP is a little bit confusing regarding this context.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello M H,

If you have budget constraints, you can definitely go with ITS HTML. However, you must note that you might have to compromise on certain aspects.

I tried to access ITS HTML pages from a mobile device like an ipad. The UI is not responsive (it does not adapt with the device screen size - eventually, a lot of scrolling results in enormous time-wastage) and we have to make do with whatever limited UI design choices we have using HTML, CSS and javascript as compared to what SAP UI5 provides.

So, what i would say is:

1. If you could invest in a little more right now, the solutions will be usable for a long run and across various devices.

2. If not, you will have to go on creating separate ITS HTML pages for each device per solution to accommodate the device screen configurations.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.