cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardcoding BPC 10 MS reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to hardcode column headings in BPC 10?  In BPC 7, evdre, you could do this and then have no issue with your formula columns not changing.  With BPC 10, because you cannot hardcode your columns, any formula you have is dynamic and all local members change if you insert a column which makes all local member incorrect.  Has anyone found a way around this?  It makes a simple task of inserting a column into a report into practically creating a new report. Thanks, Tracey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

in general I select just one element in column.

Then I write in a different row the code of the elements that I need in column (such as in a static EVDRE).

After I change the formula directly in Excel from EPMOlapMember(<selected member>,....) to EPMOlapMember ($Axx,"",....)

If you copy and paste the formula on the different column the "ColKeyRange" will change and it will include the new columns.

Otherwise you can select the codes directly when you deisgn the report in the EPM Report Editor, add some blank members if you need and attach your local members to a specific element of the column.

Best regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea, thanks for your response.  Would you please be able to show me a basic example of what you mean?  I am not following.  Thanks, Tracey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

here we are. I'll try to eplain it better.

This is a standard report with one memebr in row and one member in column.

We want hardcode the members in row and in column.

I've added the codes directly in Excel.

As you can see the highlighted cell contains "PL500".

You can see that the range of the report is done by one row and one column.

You have to replace the formula EPMOlapMember("[ACCOUNT].[H1].[PL600]",...) with the formula EPMOlapMember("[ACCOUNT].[H1].["&A4&"]",...) where in the cell A4 there is your hardcoded member.

You can add a formula EPMMemberDesc if you need the description.

You can do it for the rows, for the columns or for both.

When you will drag the formula along the new range, the report definition will include the new elements automatically.

Hope it can help you.

Have a good day

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much!

Answers (0)