cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPs in Customer Hierarchy CRM downloaded from ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I downloaded the Customer Hierarchy type A from ERP to type 01 CRM successfully as mentioned in the SAP help and all other posts I find here regarding this topic.

Now I have the hierarchy named R3-CRM-01 in CRM and want to work with this. But when I look at it, it only is a tree of nodes with the customer numbers and salesorgs in the name but absolutely NO Account is assigned to them.

Is this the standard behaviour?

How do I work with that, because I have to find out where my current customer is in the hierarchy?

Function Module like BUHI_GET_PATH will only work if the BP is assigned to a node in the tree,

Can someone clarify what to do here?

Thank you very much!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayalakshmi_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

After the tree is built in CRM (using BPH_DNL), the nodes in the downloaded hierarchy are the customers themselves. If you see node description: 1000000/BE100201, the '1000000' stands for the customer number in ERP, and BE100201 stands for the sales area information.

In ERP, there are only customers in sales areas which are part of the hierarchy. In CRM, there is another level of abstraction, called the hierarchy node.

For hierarchies created in CRM, business partners have to be manually assigned to each hierarchy node. For downloaded hierarchies, we form the hierarchy node description as a concatenation of the customer number and the sales area data, so the structure of a downloaded hierarchy in CRM is similar to that in ERP.

It will be great if you can explain why you're trying to use BUHI_GET_PATH, so I can suggest an alternative if possible.

Vijayalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for making that clear.

I have tested the hierarchy download in a second system in the meantime and the result ist exactly the same. So I know now that it is the standard behaviour.

I need to read the hierarchy of a customer in pricing to get the pricelist and just wanted to know if the description would be the way to go, because it feels a little bit "dirty".

I will then program on the description and plan to use the FM BUPA_HIERARCHY_SEARCH_NODE instead to find where the current customer is located in the tree, Or do you know a better solution?

vijayalakshmi_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had to go back and check this 😉 CRM_BUPA_HIERARCHY_SEARCH_NODE might help, by specifying the business partner number as one of the search parameters, the logic takes care of converting it to a customer number and then finding the node corresponding to that customer. I'm not sure if it will work for your case, but it will be worth a try.

Vijayalakshmi

vijayalakshmi_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

You might also want to give CRM_BUHI_GET_PATH a try.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Whether the step of creating account hierarchy in CRM using the transaction BPH_DNL is also completed?

Rgds

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this step is also completed. I see the hierarchy as in the screenshot above.

Should the accounts be assigned to the nodes normaly?

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think you may have to assign BPs to the nodes with validity periods. Please refer below help page, may be it gives some hint.

Working with Account Hierarchies - Business Partners - SAP Library

Rgds

Hari