Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution working differently for the same report

momotara90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I created a template with 3 reports, each of which opens for 4 plants.

Then, when I schedule the offline distribution process, 2 of the reports are generated correctly for all plants, while the 3rd has a strange behavior. This 3rd report has 2 sheets and opens correctly for 2 of the plants, while for the other 2:

- in one sheet, the formulas are not converted to offline mode (like _epmOfflineCondition_ ) giving an "#Error, no current connection." message and the sheet is not protected; however, the report data is correct.

- in the other sheet, everything works ok and  the sheet is protected;

Any thoughts? Thanks,

Ana-Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

momotara90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As a solution, we implemented EPM SP19 and now the distribution process functions correctly.

This was also the solution proposed by SAP: update to latest patch.

Regards,

Ana-Maria.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana-Maria,

thanks for giving the solution, in this case it's better you sign your last answer instead of "assumed answered" as "correct answer" so other users with same issue can find quickly the solution.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

momotara90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we encountered the problem also in another report saved by the distribution process.

At this point, I do not believe the report is the issue.

Regards,

Ana-Maria

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana-Maria,

check if "Freeze Data Refresh" is selected or not and verify that you refresh and save the report from the first sheet.

Regards

Roberto

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ana-Maria.

Try checking the following aspects.

1. Log off & Login the EPM Excell add-in.
  2. Check weather the data is available in the info provider.
  3. Check your authorization/Display access to the specific data selection.
  4. Check the EPMMember formula.
  5. Try creating the same report in a new excel file as First/Standalone work sheet.

Regards-Ashok

momotara90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok,

but unfortunately the above points are not applicable to the issue indicated:

1. Log off&log on has no effect since this problem appears on all PCs and always for the same data group.

2. The data group is available in the model cube and master data.

3. We are using the ADMIN user to execute the process so we have all authorizations (also, these are defined at Country level and only one Plant from a Country is not working).

4. The formula is correct.

5. Since the report executes correctly as a standalone report and works for other plants, I don't believe there is an issue with it.

The issue still persists.

Ana-Maria

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana-Maria,

try removing the hidden sheets EV_##PARKEDGET##,EV_##PARKEDCOM##, EV_##PARKEDPROPS## of the "strange" report and see if after works.

Verify also that the name of the sheets is under 20 chars and doesn't have space at the beginnning and end.

Regards

Roberto

momotara90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately we already checked this and it is ok.

Any other thoughts?

Ana-Maria

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana-Maria,

have you tried rebuilding this report from scratch?

Regards

Roberto

momotara90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

No, I haven't, because the report is quite complex and as I said earlier, since the report executes correctly as a standalone report for this plant and works for other plants in distribution, I don't believe there is an issue with it.

Do you believe that the report could execute in error only for this plant and only during the distribution process?

Ana-Maria

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana-Maria,

Do you believe that the report could execute in error only for this plant and only during the distribution process?

sometime is it so, but it could also be a bug.

Try clearing also evdre_datacache and try if quicker to build a distribution list with only this report and see if ok otherwise I would try to rebuild it from scratch, eventually adding complications step by step and verifying if works or which step create this issue.

Regards

Roberto