Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Processing Jobs - Dialogue Work Process Timeout Value

PaulRR
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a client who's ECC system has this parameter set:

rdisp/max_wprun_time = 0

OSS note 25528 - Parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time says that this parameter should not be set to 0. I agree with this.

The reason the client has this value set to 0 is because they run jobs in parallel. The parallel jobs generate dialogue work processes and they do not want the overall jobs to fail because a Dialogue process hits the timeout value defined by rdisp/max_wprun_time.

SAP pages SAP Library - Background Processing and Parallel Processing Jobs with Asynchronous RFC - Background Processing - SAP Library explain the process whereby a parallel background job generates dialogue work processes.

All other companies I've worked at have the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time set and have not encountered issues whereby a background job has failed due to a dialogue work process timing out.

Please can you tell me if I am right in thinking that the rdisp/max_wprun_time parameter would affect dialogue work processes which have been generated by parallel background jobs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

RFC's consume Dialog work processes and the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time applies to them as well.  Setting the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time to 0 is not advised as this can cause shortage of Dialog work processes as addressed in the SAP note 1250813 - SAPLARFC uses all dialog work processes and you have the parameter set to 0.

Setting the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time to 0 to avoid time out issues is not the right solution. I would investigate and find out why there is a long run time with the RFC's.

Reagan

Answers (0)