cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershell 3.0 not found installing VEG 8.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when trying to install VEG 8.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2, the installer complains about Powershell 3.0 not beeing installed.

Powershell should be included in Windows Server 2012 and also from the Windwos Features I installed Windows Powershell 2.0 and 4.0 (there is no option for 3.0)

Is there a way to install VEG on Windows Server 2012 R2, allthough there is no Powershell 3.0 for Windows Server 2012 R2?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pierre-Philipp,

Please check your documentation. VEG 8.0 is not supported on Windows
Server 2012 R2. You should not have this issue on Windows Server 2012.

Regards

SAP VE Team

0 Kudos

Hello;

Well i'm rather interrested by the side topic : which Windows Server is recommended ?

So i went to the portal and downloaded the latest installation guide available for SAP VEG 8.0 ( VE_GEN_INSTALL_GUIDE.pdf)

I read on page 13 :

To install SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Generator, you need the following:

● Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 or 2012 with

● Internet Information Server (IIS)

page 30 : Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) is required for an SAP integrated configuration of SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Generator. The Visual Enterprise Generator is compatible with Windows Server 2008 ,2008 R2 and 2012.

And the same in many other pages of the document.

Back to the topic i assume Pierre Philip found this microsoft web page : Download Windows Management Framework 3.0 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Powershell 3.0 is integrated in Framework 3.0

Daniel Diligent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

never mind, seems like I had an old Installation Guide or something like that.

The latest Guide from http://service.sap.com/instguides has the right information.

PAM still says no information about supported Operating Systems, which is quite annoying.

Regards

Pierre-Philipp

Answers (0)