cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate WPF Components for Visual Studio 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a WPF application written in C# using Visual Studio Professional 2013.  We've also got several dozen Crystal Reports which I just converted from version 8.5 to 14 using SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports Version 14.1.1.1036.

After installing Crystal Reports v14, I attempted to follow this guide:

... and it appeared that I did not have the necessary components, controls, etc. installed.  So, I went here:

... and I downloaded the 32-bit, 64-bit, and the click once, all for (v.13.0.12.1494)

My questions (I think) are:

Do we need to get a different Crystal Reports license?  IOW, should we purchase the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio?  Our only need is to launch the reports from the executable application - which I presume is accomplished through the WPF viewer.

ULTIMATELY => if I run all of the 32-bit, 64-bit and click once installers and the components don't appear in Visual Studio, what are the next steps?  Is there a way to diagnose what's missing?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Aleks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Crystal Reports does not install any SDK. So, you were close when you went to version 13.0.x download. However I have no idea what file yo actually downloaded. Note that you must use the install exe, not the MSI / MSM / ClickOnce as these will not add CR to VS correctly. See the section "Please note" in the bellow screenshot:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)