Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAdi HRESS_MENU not called in HR Renewal UI5 lanes

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there

We are in the process of upgrading to the new revised UI for Self Service offered by HR Renewal.  As part of our previous implementation we made use of an implementation of BAdi HRESS_MENU to dynamically render Launchpad content.  We display country specific URLs and hide non-relevant URLs based on an employee's MOLGA. 

This BAdi does not seem to be called anymore for the HR Renewal UI5 lanes for My Services even though help.sap.com states that you can use it (see the second paragraph after Technical Data in the link below).

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/43/2202129679479c97e3abb376308be7/content.htm

Is there any replacement for this functionality which we can use instead?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implementations of HRESS_MENU are filtered based on country and launchpad alias. You can always place an external break point in method IF_FPM_GUIBB_LAUNCHPAD~MODIFY of CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU and find out why your BAdI isn't being called.

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Samuli

Thanks for your reply. 

We checked the breakpoints in this class before, but did it again just to double check.  It doesn't seem to be called.

I wonder whether it has anything to do with the fact that it is a GUIBB which is based on WDA and we are trying to make it work in the UI5 version.  It is still a launchpad though, so I would have hoped that it would still be called.

Gustav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try class CL_HRESS_LPD_UI5_MENU instead.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't forget to add an entry in  /UI2/LPD_FEEDERV with instance, role and nema of the class (CL_HRESS_LPD_UI5_MENU  or custom one)

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim

This is what we missed.  We added the standard entry in the table for our custom launchpad and it resolved the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Gustav

Answers (0)