cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Team Reports Error -- How to apply OSS note solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are upgrading our portal (NW 7.31, SPS12) and SAP system (ECC 6.06, SPS 12).  We are getting a compatibility error on the Team Reports screen in portal. The error message links to the following SAP note:

1970689  - Use of "Edge" and "Compatibility" mode for Unified Rendering

Solution

The following solution requires that the main page (which is directly loaded into the browser) sets the Internet Explorer browser mode explicitly via X-UA-Compatible HTTP header or HTML <META> tag. Relying on the browser build-in behavior or "Compatibility View" settings may result in different behavior per user.

Issue 1: Internet Explorer runs in “Edge” mode. Application is started in „Compatibility“ mode.

If an Unified Rendering-based application is embedded in a page that requires the latest Internet Explorer features the application needs to be aware of that.

Solution:
•Append the parameter sap-ie=Edge to the URL of the Unified Rendering-based application.

Issue 2: Internet Explorer runs in “Compatibility” mode. Application is started in „Edge“ mode.If an Unified Rendering-based application is embedded in a page that is not able to run with the latest Internet Explorer features the application needs to be aware of that.

Solution:
•Append the parameter sap-ie=EmulateIE8 to the URL of the Unified Rendering-based application.

How do we make the recommended change and where do we add the sap-ie=Edge meta tag?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I hope this error is resolved now.

For more information on compatibility of IE you can refer to this useful blog.

Regards,

Ravi Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to pass the recommended values as application parameter and check if that helps.

In the iView properties, you can find the "Application Parameters" property.

Please refer to the below link for your reference:

Sending URL Parameters to Applications - Running an Enterprise Portal - SAP Library

Hope this helps!!!

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Anurag,

Thank you for the suggestion.  We have already tried to see if this was possible.  The Team Reports page and iviews used by the page do not have the Application Parameters property on them.  We also tried with a developer seeing if we could pass anything on the URL and this also was not successful.

We are going to try setting the meta tag in a custom ITS program next, but then we will still be stuck with how to do it the out of the box SAP.

Regards,

Wendy

former_member240434
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

we have the same issue. were you able to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kumar,

We have a message open with SAP and are still trying to work through the issue.

Adding sap-ie=EmulateIE8 on our iviews that had the application parameters property worked on two of our other screens.

Regards,

Wendy

former_member240434
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Try this. It worked for us.

SICF - /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Service data -> Gui Config - add the name value

SAP-IE

EmulateIE8

Thanks,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

after our SAP CRM upgrade we are facing rendering issues with Interactive Reporting.

The problem is a browser compatibility issue. By running the reporting in IE9 or IE11, the context menu to filter the data is not displayed:

I have checked many notes talking about BEx application issues with IE rendering.

I have set different parameters as suggested in many SAP Notes:

- Application Parameters sap-ie=EmulateIE8 in the iView properties in the Portal

- BrowserDocumentMode = EmulateIE7

- Set the parameter in its service

But the issue is always there; I remarked that the URL of portal is always followed by language parameter and &sap-ie=Edge and I think that the problem is related to sap-ie parameter, but I'm not able to fix that in the URL. Could you please help me?

Thanks

Francesca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It worked for me. Thanks!!

Regards,
Anoop MT