cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERMS- E-mail Routing Query to Agent Inbox.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

ERMS has been set up and the same works, however I need to route e-mail to different agents based on the e-mail sender,

Following are the configurations performed.

1) Under ppoma_crm the users are assigned to the same org unit

2) I have created two different rule policies namely ERMS which says if e-mail sender as mentioned below then forward e-mail to am@xxx.com,this e-mail id is mapped to the user atul

3) The second rule policy which I have created is ERMS1 which says if E-mail sender as mentioned below then forward e-mail to bm@xx.com, this e-mail id is mapped to the user vikas

4) However when the incoming e-mail appears from the user id atulanu07@gmail.com, the system display's two agents which is incorrect, and hence the incoming e-mail can be seen in both the below mentioned agent's inbox, the same should only be visible in the inbox for the user atul.

Please advice if I am missing on any configurations

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above issue is resolved , since I forgot to assign the rule policy in the different service manager's profile, now I can see only one agent, which is correct

However the incoming e-mail is seen in both the agent's inbox which is not correct

Please advice if I am missing any configurations.

Kind Regards

Atul

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

I assume both agent are assigned to the same organizational unit? Agent inbox is a group inbox - check SAP Note 1464849 for explanation of standard behavior. For a Badi solution, check SAP Note 1375170.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thank you for your prompt response appreciate the same.

Yes you are correct when you say that both user's are assigned under the same org unit, however practically I feel that applying the BADI as per the note would not be feasible because of the below reasons

1) In any Organisation there may be more than one user who would be assigned to the same org unit hence every time if a new user joins and is assigned to the same org unit, the BADI needs to be changed, the same logic would apply if a user were to leave an organisation,again the BADI would have to be changed, which would involve considerable technical effort

2) As per my inputs the program logic should be changed for ERMS, and the logic should be taken from the Rule policy which is written in CRM Web Ui which will reduce considerable technical efforts since functional consultants can simply change the rule policy in minimal time( In the above case if two user's belong to the same org unit the coding logic can be based on the user id, or the e-mail of the user which is set in the rule policy,( just a suggestion)

3) Also if you check my second reply at the SWI1 screen shot, only one agent atul is getting determined, however when I check the work list of both the user's, the e-mail is seen in both the user's work list as per note no 1464849 which is again conflicting

4) The org Unit logic can be applied when user's below to two different org units.

Kind Regards

Atul

Answers (0)