Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon page:Migration from SAP EP 7.0 to 7.4

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have created a custom logon page in SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0(.PAR) and here we used JSPDynPage concept.Now we are try to customizing SAP NetWeaver Portal  7.4 (.WAR)  imported in nwds and try to creating the JSPDynPage it is not supporting.May be this is a web application that way.But i need this concept.One more thing portal Application having portalapp.xml in this file we maintain the information and accessing.web application having web.xml file.

My logon page fully customized in 7.0.Now same one we need in 7.4 and one more doubt for me i am using par migration tool and after that i got EAR file.This file name can i  Modify 7.0 authschemes.xml same process i can follow the 7.4 or not.

Please  anyone made any experiences with this migration?

Please help me..

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Durga Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dror_last
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Rao,

Please refer to SAP KBA 1935486 - NetWeaver Portal 7.3X/7.4 and custom logon screens.

Customizing the logon page is no longer done in a Portal Application level, moreover your old customized Portal Application is based on the 7.0X application provided by SAP for the older version and might fail to work in different scenarios.

Please also make sure to restore the default authschemes.xml to the one provided by SAP so that the frontend-target of the diferent schemes will not pint to a custom portal component rather the one provided by SAP.

Best Regards,

Dror.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dror,

Thank you for the Reply,

Can you tell me any other way for this ...Because of my logon page fully Customized(I have so many jsp pages and JSPDynPage class,other things provided by SAP).Now 7.4 Logon page i need to do.But it will take too much time . very short time i need to complete this process.once again telling my logon page fully Customized.

Please help me.

Best Regards,

Durga Rao.

dror_last
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Rao,

What I have previously written is the only correct and supported way for 7.3 and higher versions.

Any attempt to achieve it in other ways will most probably lead to other issues that SAP will not be able to support.

Best Regards,

Dror.