cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material specification and Quality plan For a material ?

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we are facing Quality issue . quality plan and Material Specification Both are maintained for a raw material. when Goods receipt has done and inspection lot was generated now user observed that inspection lot was taken Material specification .

in has to take MIC" s from Quality plan. " inspection Through Task list is activated in QM view of Material Master. so can any body guide me to resolve the  issue.

do we need to cancel and do the GRN again or how can we get MIC"S from Quality plan.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! You should cancel the GRN with proper operating procedure. That would set inspection lot in LTCA mode i.e. lot canceled. Make appropriate changes to material master. (Un-tick material specification and tick inspection with task list). Carry out goods receipt again. This time the MIC from task list will flow in to the lot.

There is alternate solution also where you need not reverse the the GRN. You can create additional characteristic in inspection lot directly. Add the required ones and carry on result recording. Remember this will be applicable to this lot only. For next lot to take effect from task list you need to modify the controls in material master as specified above.

Anand

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thank you for the reply.

material specification was not activated . inspection through specification only activated. i can do the GRN cancellation. and i will do the new GRN then system will creates new inspection lot how to stop the system from selecting  MIC" s from Material specification.

1.why system selecting Material Specification  even after activating inspection through Task list in Material Master.

2. what will happen if i delete the specification will the system take MIC from Quality plan?

Regards,

mahesh

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thank you for the reply.

material specification was not activated . inspection through specification only activated. i can do the GRN cancellation. and i will do the new GRN then system will creates new inspection lot how to stop the system from selecting  MIC" s from Material specification.

1.why system selecting Material Specification  even after activating inspection through Task list in Material Master.

2. what will happen if i delete the specification will the system take MIC from Quality plan?

Regards,

mahesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, I try to answer your queries!

how to stop the system from selecting  MIC" s from Material specification.

_ Deactivate inspection with material specification and activate inspection with task list in MM02 as shown below. System will automatically take care of this and MIC from material specification will not be selected in inspection lot.

If both are active in material master then both the parameters are pulled to inspection lot. Thus in QE01 you get set of MICs from both material specification and inspection plan.

You need not delete material specification if it is required in future. Simply follow the setting in material master as stated above. The good practice is to tick only that is needed.

Anand

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sir,

THANK YOU for the immediate response. Material Specification was not selected . task list only selected in material master.

Regards,

Mahesh.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, ok! When the inspection lot generated at that time were both ticked? I was assuming this from your first post. If you untick any of these (after the lot generation) it will take effect from next lot. Let us consider below cases to understand how it works,

1. You have created both inspection plan in QP01 and material specification in QS61
  2. If alone material specification is ticked in material master - Then only material specification in QS61 will be assigned to lot
  3. If alone task list is tickets in material master - Then only inspection plan QP01 will be assigned to lot
  4. If both are ticked then - Both the parameters will be added and assigned to lot

I think you should try generating new inspection lot. If the setting is maintained as per the scrren I shown above then it would pick data from inspection plan only. But from next inspection lot!

Anand

Answers (0)