Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VE Viewer - collaboration / conversation / redlining

KatjaHuschle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi colleageus,

I am quite new to VE. I played around with the VE Viewer and recognized that collaboration with converstaion, adding texts, lines etc. is possible. But how to save this. Is this possible at all without the VE Author. Just with viewer and browser?

Thanks for any hint.

Best regards

Katja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katja

Viewer embedded in HTML does not have an option to save collaboration. However we provide several other options.

1. Viewer stand alone enables the user to create collaborations and then save the file. The saved file contains the collaborations.

2. Viewer embedded in SAP GUIs (SAP GUI and WebDyn Pro) has an 'export' function, found in the context menu, that enables the file to be saved to the local machine. This will include any added collaboration.

3. Viewer in the SAP PLM has the ability to save and load collaboration in the DMS. The collaboration is not saved in the file but separately in the DMS.

Do any of these options suit your purpose? Please expand on the workflow you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Paul

KatjaHuschle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for the reply. I have no concrete scenario in mind. As I am quite new to the topic I am just try to understand the general functions and ideas behind VE to get more ideas on where to use it in different business scenarios.

Best regards

Katja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello;

Yes you can save your commented rh model. Make sure you are using the latest viewer in standalone mode.

If you use the viewer connected to a browser (for instance when accessing SAP VE Generator with SAP VE Access) i'm afraid you can't but this is to confirm by SAP.

Daniel

KatjaHuschle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the fast reply.

I understood if I open a RH file with the Viewer downloaded on my desktop I can add comments and save it.

If  the viewer is embedded  in a HTML file and open in the browser the save option is not available. Correct?

Is it possible to configure the plugin in a way it can also show the save option?

Best regards

Katja

0 Kudos

Hi Katja;

The save function was available in the old times of Deep Exploration, Deep Server and Deep Viewer.

Unfortunatly it went away with the winds of change, it's now about 3 years i ask for this function to be back but without any success.

I found an ld version of Deep View here (sorry the page is in french) : Download program Deep View by Right Hemisphere

Daniel