cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration Room Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a collaboration room and assigned members to it. After the room is created i was unable to view the room and as well as room directory.Could please suggest where exactly room directory is located in the portal.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

First you need to create a role for collaboration then the role should be assigned to user. By doing this you can find the room directory.

Regards,

Devi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

devi vadicherla wrote:

Hi Prasad,

First you need to create a role for collaboration then the role should be assigned to user. By doing this you can find the room directory.

This makes no sense, since: a)there is no need to create new collaboration roles in most cases, all you need is already delivered by SAP already, simple assign and b)Prasad dont need to assign the roles to his user. If he was able to create a room, he must have appropriate roles already

To me, not an offence, this looks rather like lack of basic knowledge on this topic, I would rather suggest to spend some time on studying this: Collaboration - SAP Library. Indeed, question description is incomplete and a bit confusing, maybe I got something wrong

cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every time you create a new collaboration room, EP will also create, among other stuff, appropriate KM content using a (random choosed?) internal id and the display name you have given. So, you will find diverse folder in your KM collaboration content: rooms, room_structures, room_extensions and so on. If you are looking for KM access permissions and collaboration content you will find it there.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

As you said i was able to see the created rooms in KM content, but what actually i am trying to say is i was unable to edit the room in KM content.In the sense  once the room is created i want to make changes in the room as to add members, documents..... Where exactly  i can make the changes to the room in portal.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

but what actually i am trying to say is i was unable to edit the room in KM content

Its not concepted on that manner and you shouldnt modify permissions on that way. Indeed you can and need to do it in some cases (migration, programmatic access e.g.), but you need to understand properly how this works in detail and have relatively deep expertise on this.

For regular maintenance like user, room owner, categories, permissions etc you are able to use room maintenance are, which should be available through appropriate room parts in the template, so in SAP standard stuff templates e.g.

cheers