cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a particular universe object is used in 'x' number of reports.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pals,

I need to find a particular universe object is used in how many reports in BO 4.1.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data Services has an Impact and Linage Analysis tool that might provide what you are looking for.

0 Kudos

If you want to list down the objects(Dimensions/Measures/Detail) information like in Where each object is getting used(Object Vs Report Name) only we can get by using Information Steward.There is no other way.

former_member199597
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I get you right.

You search the reports (webi or?) where a specific universe is used?

If so, logon to CMC -> Universes

Find the universe you want to see the references to

Right click on universe -> Tools -> Check relations.

hth.

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are looking to get down to the object (dimension, detail or measure) within a universe and which reports use them.  If that is correct, I would like to know how to do this too.  However, I don't think it is possible.  I suppose there may be some third-party tools that provide this functionality.

If you just want to know which universe are being used in which reports, then Andreas is correct.  You could also do a Query Builder query, but that is more complicated.

Noel

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Noel. I Need below what you mentioned.

"I think you are looking to get down to the object (dimension, detail or measure) within a universe and which reports use them."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mantu,

The details can be retrieved using the Restful webservices sdks.

Refer to the guide avialable at

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_sbo41sp4wi-sdk/frameset.htm

You would be interested in the section 'Getting the Details of a Data Provider' from the guide.

Review the guide to understand the Restful webservices and its usage and you would be able to build a utility according to your requirements.

For any queries related to Restful webservices, refer to the blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/restful-sdk

Thanks,

Prithvi

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos
  • Hi Prithvi,

I have not used Restful. Can you please guide me if you have any steps. Its cumbersome to read through all the documents. How to start writing simple SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using Tomcat, and not wacs. The guide is asking to turn on WACS, but i dont see wacs in core services, what are my options now?