cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh of UIBB in FPM_SAVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a FPM OVP application page with one section .In that one section I have two UIBBs one is form and the other one is a List.

Form I am showing some details and List I am showing total details with some editable cells. I have also create a global Button SAVE with standard event FPM_SAVE.

As per my requirement, after clicking Save button my Data should persist and the two UIBBs should be clear and collapsed.

Currently only the Form UIBB is clearing. But the List UIBB is not clearing. Also the SAVE button is greyed out ( This greying out is as per requirement)

As I understood the FPM_SAVE can clear these two UIBBS and greyed out the buttons which is associate with it.

So can you tell me how can I make clear the List UIBB too with FPM_SAVE in Use.

Regards,

Partha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

the save button is disabled by the OVP runtime - as you apparently have configured edit mode handling in the OVP General Settings. However, the OVP runtime does not change the collapsed state or data content of the UIBBs at FPM_SAVE - it only switches to read-only mode. Collapsing the UIBBs at FPM_SAVE appears a little weird to me but it could be done via OVP API. If your Form is already cleared, their must be some internal logic for it already.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. Your explanation is correct about edit mode in general setting.

I have tried to collapse the all UIBB by using the Z-controller class method IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT . I am using this as I had created button in the Global Tool Bar. I have used Event id Collapsed_all if my event will be FPM_SAVE.But I am not getting any result.

So can you guide me in clearing the LIst data or collapsing the list data. both will be ok.

Regards,

Partha

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

to do UI changes you should rather use IF_FPM_OVP_CONF_EXIT~OVERRIDE_EVENT_OVP, and on the API (IO_OVP TYPE REF TO IF_FPM_OVP) you can call method GET_UIBBS to identify the UIBBs to be closed, then you set the COLLAPSED attribute to ABAP_TRUE and send this with method CHANGE_UIBB to the FPM.

For the list data clearing: Harsha is right with his code proposal. If your feeder class currently only reacts on its own events there is probably something CHECK IV_RAISED_BY_OWN_UI = ABAP_TRUE in the GET_DATA code processed before that.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

I'm trying to get an instance of the IF_FPM_OVP API since I need it to refresh the data behind my UIBB.

In your comment you mention to use the 'IF_FPM_OVP_CONF_EXIT~OVERRIDE_EVENT_OVP' but how can I use this in my feeder class. I can't seem to get into that OVERRIDE_EVENT_OVP method form my feeder class PROCESS_EVENT method.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

IF_FPM_OVP_CONF_EXIT is not a feeder method. But you can register a class which implements this interface as application controller in the OVP configuration. Then this method will be processed. This happens in the FPM event loop between the FLUSH and PROCESS_EVENT phase of the UIBBs.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Thank you for your quick response.

I've created a class as you suggested in which I added the interface 'IF_FPM_OVP_CONF_EXIT':

Then I've assigned this class as application controller:

However the 'OVERRIDE_EVENT_OVP' method is never executed.
Do you have any idea what is missing?

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parthasarathi,

Please check with the following code List Feeder class in IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST~GET_DATA method, to clear the list table.

IF IV_EVENTID->MV_EVENT_ID EQ 'FPM_SAVE'.

CLEAR CT_DATA.

EV_DATA_CHANGED = 'X'.

ENDIF.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsha,

Thanks for your input .

But I am not getting the result as Get_data of my federclass will only execute for the FPM_SYNCUP as the button is the global button.

Regards,

Partha