cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABT1N IC transfer - receiving company to recognize gain/loss

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

We have requirement when doing inter company asset transfers to recognize gain/loss in the receiving company. I tried all transfer methods and I see three options for the receiving company. Example: Asset with APC 1000, depreciation 800, and NBV of 200 is sold for 100. When using gross method the receiving company gets posted 1000 to APC account and 200 to depreciation. When using net method it just gets 800 to the asset. When using revaluation method it gets posted to the asset the revenue entered in ABT1N.

But is there a way to define variant, use particular transaction type, to post like this in this example:

Dt Asset 1000

Ct Depreciation 800

Ct Gain 100

Ct Offset 100?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I might ask you to check if tr. OABE is helpful for you.

best regards Bernhard

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I think the setting in OABE controls whether in general for the depreciation area there will be gross (with APC and depreciation) or net transfer (only Net Book Value). But my issue is that in the receiving company for one depreciation area I want to recognize gain or loss on the purchase (as it is intercomapny purchase).

I find it strange that SAP recognizes gain/loss in the selling company but not in the receiving company. I think this is wrong from group perspective, or I must have configured something wrong.