cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Revaluation Prerequisites & Approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have been assigned a task for Asset Revaluation.  All the assets of my client across company codes have to be revalued, changes to be made in useful life, reset the depreciation.  I have been looking online to gather information on this subject and I have some success that it can be achieved through Tcode AR29N.

But i am not able to find out any specific process to achieve Asset Revaluation.  What are the prerequisites for AR29N etc.

Please note, In my clients AO90 setup there are no account assignment made for Asset revaluation.  Client wants to perform this task Mid year in current fiscal year.

I need your guidance in understanding the approach i should follow.  Do i need to do some configuration before Revaluating Assets?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jasmine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

The reason for revaluation of assets - inflation or tax, if its one time or periodic and such details would be important in deciding the course.

Here is the link that should be useful and there is more information to explore on this topic on help sap.

Asset Revaluation (Inflation) Program - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library 

Bests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I am able to gather the steps to re-valuate the assets but when i am trying to execute AR29N, I am getting an error :-

Please note that i have done all required settings like:- OABW, AO90,OAYR, ABAW, AUFW, OAXJ.

Please advise why I am not able to post the revaluation.

Thanks,

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

I might ask you to check:

1) Is the area  which you want to create for asset when posting in AR29N deactivated in corresponding asset class.

You can activate it in transaction OAYZ
(techn.field name ANKB-XAFBE).

2) Do you have a revaluation date which is in a  already posted period.

3) The pure revalluation areas must post to the G/L account in Real Time.

( G/L Posting into 1 in OADB transaction)

4) Do you have already posted revaluation on this asset and you want to perform a new revaluation, change the revaluation date of the revaluation measure. If you want to correct the initial
revaluation then reverse the revaluation document and post it again.

5) Could be any kind of strange customizing: Strange ledger scenario, strange transaction type etc...

Hope I could help you

Best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Bernhard, it helped but now it is showing me an error:- Depreciation calculation method of the key 1111 is not percentage from useful life.  Message No. APERB032.

I have checked the threads related to this error and some of them tell about switching off the message.... Which I am not positive about.

Any idea to fix this one.?

thanks,

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it relates to new companies act (India) than you need not to Revaluation of assets.

As per my understanding, first you need to create a Dep key with base method of percentage from useful life just like LINR.

After this

As the depreciation Calculation rules  has been changed in new co act, you have to change the assets default depreciation Key and useful life for asset classes (OAYZ) , now all new asset should create with new depreciation key and useful life. For old assets, you need to update the changes based on new rules.

1. Assets capitalized on or after 01.04.2014 needs to be checked that proper depreciation is being calculated as per new co act. Wherever discrepancy is there, those asset code needs to be change with new depreciation key and life.
  2. Assets capitalized  on or before 31.03.2014 for which useful life is still remaining as per new co act. For which useful life needs to be changed as per new co act.. This calculation needs to be done and you would change the Key and useful life from new interval from 01.04.2014.
  3. Assets capitalized  on or before 31.03.2014 for which useful life has already lapsed as per new co act. For which value needs to be taken to retained earnings. This calculation needs to be done and you would post this as unplanned depreciation GL (create this). From which it can be taken to retained earning manually by opening that for manual postings.

you need to assign unplanned depreciation GL in AO90.

I believe this will help you to understand the issue and solution.

Regards

Vivek Tayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using United States Chart of Depreciation.  I understand what you are saying but how should i perform Asset Revaluation, what to do about the Asset revaluation GL account & offsetting account... Do i need to maintain these accounts as in the current systems these are not been maintained?

What transaction types do i need to use?  Are there any configuration settings I need to perform for Asset Revaluation? And what is the Transaction Code to be used to run Asset Revaluation... is it AR29N?

Please advise.

regards,

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos