cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item level field present through SD document flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellas!

I'm currently working on a requirement, in which I need to make a mark, at item level on a quotation or sales document, to identify a special feature that my current client wants.

This "special mark", needs to present on all documents, from the document flow:

e.g.: Quotation (only for positions 10, 30 and 50) --> sales order (only for positions 10, 30 and 50) --> delivery (only for positions 10, 30 and 50) --> invoice (only for positions 10, 30 and 50)

The "special mark", should trigger the print out of a different delivery document (exactly the same the regular delivery document, with an extra remark).

At first I thought the easiest way to solve this issue, was creating an special item category, that could be changed manually, by the person who will create the sales order, however the impact is too big, as far as configuration goes (copy control and a copious ammont of sales documents, wouldnt make this an easy task )

I would really appreciate if you guys could give me a hand, on how to figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

gabmillan10

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use a new Z field at your line item of sales, delivery and invoice documents. Or

you can use the "text", user can fill out the text manually in sales order and it will flow until invoice. In the output of delivery document your driver program can read this text and perform differently.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ana,

I agree with Bheem's suggestion. Create a custom field in all 3 documents, at item level, make this as activation check box.

But this field has to be manually inputted / activated for some items, then there is a big chance that users might forget, or they might mark this for the ones for which this should not be marked.

Is there any logic for activating this field? so that you can automate it, by writing a piece of code, in a userexit in the sales order.

After that, the activation can be taken forward by copy control to the subsequent documents.

Hope to hear more about this requirement.

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you on your prompt response.

The requirement, is to identify a field at item level, that passes from document to document on the document flow.

As soon as it reaches the delivery, this field must trigger the print out of a delivery document, that contains certain information, only available when the field described above is filled.

At first I thought the easiest way to solve this issue, was creating an special item category, that could be changed manually, however the impact is too big, as far as configuration goes (copy control, wouldnt make this an easy task )

I would really appreciate if you guys could give me a hand, on how to figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

gabmillan10

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This cannot be done through standard configuration

you have to make use of Enhancements and for getting selected items in the document flow can be possible by manually choosing the document in the item level of transaction such as select the line item 10 in the sales order and choose the document flow from overview screen of sales order, then you will get document flow of particular item but this has to be done manually

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Can you please eleborate the requirement? What is the criteria to create a line item with a special Mark?

Thanks

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ana,

I did not get your requirement actually and the solution too.

Lets wait for anyone's reply else could you elaborate it.

Thanks,

Suman$