cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Crystal Report 10.5 to latest version what works with VS2013?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, My project has over 50 Crystal Reports developed in Crystal 10.5 in VS2008. We like to upgrade to latest version that works with VS 2013. I first downloaded the free developer version of Crystal Report for VS2013, (file name of downloaded file is CRforVS_13_0_11). After install completes, I was able to open the report designer in VS 2013. but when I run the report in my application, I got run time errors. So I proceeded to download Crystal Report 2013. After install it, I still have run time errors. The zip file for Crystal Report 2013 is 51048298. It supposes to install 14.1.4.1327. But it did not show up in VS2013. All I see in VS2013 is 13.0.2000.0 (from  the free developer version) and 10.5 ( mine original version).

Did I do anything wrong? What is the correct path to upgrade? Is Crystal Report 2013 working with VS2013?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A few explanations first:

CR 2013 (v. 14.1.x) does not install any SDK.

SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET (v. 13.x), SP 11 was removed due to issues probably unrelated to what you are reporting, however I'd still like you to uninstall SP 11 and apply SP 12:

If in SP 12 you still get the same error, it would really be nice to know the error(?). Screenshot may not be a bad idea.

Also, let us know the database used and the db connection.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am in the same boat. We are trying to upgrade our solution from VS2008 to VS2013. Our application is in VC++. In VS2008, we were creating an instance of the application like

CreateInstance("CrystalRuntime.Application.11"). From what I understand from your other messages, we cannot do that in VS2013. So I am trying to find out how to implement this in VS2013.  I've installed CRforVS_13_0_12.exe. I am looking for some sample C++ applications. I looked at the samples from this link, http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports+for+.NET+SDK+Samples

But it has really old samples (2005) for VC++. Could you please recommend where I can get the sample C++ apps for VS2013? If you dont have one for VS2013, let me know if you have some for VS2010 or VS2012. I can use that as a reference.

Thanks,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the issue is that the app uses the COM based Report Designer Component (RDC). This was never supported in .NET. E.g.;  not in VS 2008, or VS 2005, etc.

In addition, the RDC was last shipped in CR 11.5 (CR XI R2) and this version has been out of support for over two years.

Your only way of proceeding is to use the CR SDK for .NET. There is no way to update the RDC based app. The following will get you started in recreating the app:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 Walkthro... | SCN

(applies to all versions of VS and CR)

Sample apps:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Developer Help Files:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our application is legacy MFC user interface application. The samples provided here will not work for our scenario, unless we remove the current project and create a new project. Is there any way I can display the crystal reports (only the viewer) in CDialog in VS2013? I could not find any examples that displays the new Crystal reports in CDialog window.

0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

No, we need all of the components so I doubt it, the only way I've been able to upgrade an older MFC app is to create a new Managed C++ app and then simply add all of your Header and CPP files to the new project.

You can use the CR.Windows.Forms viewer to your form and load the report and set log on info but that's about all it's capable of doing.

MFC may cause problems, CR has no MFC Classes for our Assemblies of course. And I doubt MFC will work in a .NET app.

Other option is to create a Cr .NET dll and pass the report object that way, may work for you.

Don

Answers (0)