cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Replication of Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I am trying to replicate a cost center manually. Before which I created a cost center and processed the change request completely.

When I replicate using Replicate by Objects, the replication shows all the success messsages. But the data is not being replicated to ECC system.

One of the success message shows as " Full Distribution will take place ; no From - edition found:" and the detailed view of the message as

" According to the settings of SOA_COST in DRFIMG, the current distribution step is to be performed as a delta distribution. a From - edition must exist from which a data has already been successfully distributed in an earlier step".

Please help on the customization changes for replication ?

Thanks,

Kajal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kajal, For manual replication you need to release the edition first.In Change Request-Based: It is automatically after Approval of Change Request or as Selected in Each Change Request. Which replication method have you used to replicate the data to ECC? Regards, Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I could solve the problem by changing the Edition Settings. i.e. I changed the Replication timing as 'On Final Approval of Change Request' while I create an edition.

Replicated the data using 'Replicate by Objects' method. Data got replicated to ECC.

Could you please let me know how can I release an edition. If we release an edition, the data gets automatically replicated to ECC?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Kajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kajal,

To release edition, you need to select the replication timing as" Manually started after release of edition" in edition. you can also choose " Selected in each change request". When you choose the second one, then in your CR you need to choose replication timing " Manually started after release of edition".

Then you can process all your CR, and after that in edition monitor search for edition and release the edition.

Note: If the number of open change request is not 0, you wont be able to release it

Then you can go to distribution monitor, there you can select the outbound and replicate the data

Also, if you are working in MDG7.0; then you may face some other validation errors during edition release itself. Since the edition is not entity specific here, other entities may effect the validation.

Regards,

Reema

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kajal,

Please check whether you released the Edition before the replication.