cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescheduling of purchase requisitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please help me to clear some doubts in rescheduling of purchase requisitions

1. when will rescheduling date updated in MD04, after MRP run or dynamically when we execute MD04.

2. What user is supposed to do when reschedule date appear in MD04 screen. should user change the purchase requisition or purchase order . If so what exactly he has to change.

I did lot of excercise but could not find out the route cause for it  could you please help me to clear the same.

Regards,

krishna mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read this article create by the expert Caetano Almeida. He explains what is the rescheduling:

What is rescheduling and how does it work - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki

Now let me answer your questions:

1- Is the MRP routine who creates the rescheduling date and exception messages.. not MD04..

2- When a planner see a reschedule date and an exception message, the planner has to review the message and try to move the order if its possible.

Whenever the MRP finds a requirement, it checks if this requirement can be covered for an existing fixed receipt (within the rescheduling horizon), before creating a new replenishment element (planned order). This procedure is called “rescheduling check”.

If a fixed replenishment element is found, an exception message is created, suggesting the user to reschedule this fixed element in order to cover the shortage.

Kind Regards,

Mariano