cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on 1945840 - Broken delta link for com.sap.portal.standardscontentarea iview in Portal after SP upgrade

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

According to  SAP Note 1945840 the resolution is "The simple solution is to delete the broken delta link iView and it would not impact any portal functionality at all"

After deleting the broken delta links we noticed that the portal theme (custom theme) was messed up.

Is this a well known side effect?

Cheers

Marian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

It’s hard for me to believe that the issue you’re having
with the theme is related to deleting the broken delta link.

As explained in the note – the newer version don’t use this
iView so the content provided by SAP doesn’t include it.

Since it’s broken delta link – it means that the copy from
the original object – just doesn’t exist there.

It doesn’t bother the Portal functionality because no one is
looking for this file anymore.

Can you elaborate more what did you do? Why did you bother
to delete this broken delta link? What do you think that the style issues are
related to the deletion? What are the symptom of the theme issues you are
facing?

Thanks,

Maya

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maya

I'm also don't understand why the theme display was impacted.

Basically what I did was removing the two broken delta links.

After the deletion I noticed that the portal theme was "corrupted".

The portal content was not properly displayed: messed up fonts, styles and so on.

The system was also restarted and we double checked and deleted cookies but the issue did not disappear.

Currently the theme issue is solved (we used the theme from another running portal) but I still want to figure out why this happened in the first place.

I would like to be able to reproduce the error but all the corrupted delta links were removed.

Cheers

Marian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

The note mentions only 1 broken delta link that can be deleted.

Do you remember what was the second thing that you’ve deleted?

I believe that something else which is crucial to the theme functionality was deleted.

If you copied something from another machine and it fixed the issue – it indicates that it wasn’t there.

Anyway, if you want to check me, what you can do in order to verify that it was not the com.sap.poratl.stabdardscontentarea deletion that caused the issue is the following:

1. Restore the source object from a machine that it exists – you can see in the note the location of it
  2. Create a delta link to it in “Ajax Framework Page” folder
  3. Delete the source object – and then you’ll have the broken delta link again. At this point check that the Portal theme looks OK.
  4. Delete also the delta link and test the Portal to see if you again have the same issue.

Best Regards,

Maya

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maya

If I correctly recall the 2nd link was:

The delta link source of this object is missing. Source object ID: pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/com.sap.portal.standardscontentarea

Performing the mentioned steps might be possible in the near future after another system is upgraded.

I'll keep this on my todolist.

Cheers

Marian