cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have done the configuration for ARA in GRC system.After executing the jobs, the data(users and roles) reflects in the relevant tables in GRC system from the back end(traget) system.However, when I am trying to perform user level simulation via NWBC, it does not show any users or roles for the selected connectors.

Please let me know that what might be the solution for my issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Antargami Gauda.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antargami,

beside the recommended steps above did you check SLG1 if there is any log available?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily,

I executed the Repository object synch job in full mode and the tables reflects the data as of back end system.

@Alessandro : There are no errors in SLG1 logs as the jobs are getting executed successfully.

Regards,

Antargami.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

strange - what's your current release and SP level?

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not sure whether you check against LDAP?

See the following notes:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1598336

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1757906

Let us know.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I will check and get back to you.

Regards,

Antargami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

As of now my data source is the back end system.We are not using any specific data source such as LDAP.I have created user and roles in the back end system.

Now, I am executing the jobs one after anotheir.Lets see, if it sorts out the issue.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Antargami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This issue is resolved.The resolution is that please ensure that the RFC connector name from GRC to target system is same as the logical system name in BD54 of the target system.

After correcting the RFC connection name,I re-ran the jobs and now i can find users in NWBC.

Regards,

Antargami Gauda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antargami,

Make sure that you have ran Full Repository sync for User/Role without any error.

You can find the user entries under table GRACUSER which is a master table for user data and Table GRACUSERCONN which contain the connector specific entries.

If the user is there in these tables then it should come in F4 search.

Regards,

Shaily

shashank_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through which technique you are updating Data ..?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

After the configurations, I executed all the jobs Authorization Synch,Repository object synch,Action usage synch and Role usage synch simultaneously.

Is it that i have to execute this jobs one after anotheir?

Regards,

Antargami.

shashank_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antargami,

Actually MDUG is the correct way to update the records in NWBC by SAP.

I have used this way only and I found all master tables gets updated after executing MDUG program.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please run GRAC_REP_OBJ_SYNC first in "Full Sync Mode". It is recommended to run the jobs in a sequence rather than simultaneously.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Actually, i am doing fresh confgiuration and it is not a migration project.

So, i did not updated/uploaded any previous data.

Moreover, tables are getting reflected in GRC system.My issue is that when I am trying to perform user level simulation via NWBC, it does not show any users or roles for the selected connectors.

Regards,

Antargami

shashank_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antargami,

You will not be actually able to assign role to the user via simulation. However, you can add the role and check by performing risk analysis that whether it will lead to any risks or not.

Moreover, role assignment(provisioning) is a CUP concept and you will be able to do so via an access request only.

I hope this clarifies. Please let me know if you need further information on this!!

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

My issue is that before simulating, at user level in NWBC, i select the required system and then when i try to select any user for user simulation, user does not reflects.

I hope now you understood my exact issue.

Regards,

Antargami

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.