cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

substitute the profit Center directly from Responsible cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

substitute the profit Center directly from Responsible cost Center in WBS element by using the substitution rule . I unable to find the substitution rule . Please give the logic for this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, I agree with Sammar. You need to use user exit for the same and to have a more clear and concise user control for this. I will advise you to use validation after using user exit and put the check condition as PRPS-PRCTR = PRPS-FKSTL or PRPS-PRCTR <> PRPS-FKSTL then throw a proper error message that profit center is not matched up as responsible cost center.

I hope my observations does make some sense here.!

@Sammar:- Thanks for your feedback. After all, SCN is always a platform to learn new things. Feeling obliged to be in touch with good consultants like you.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sammar and Amit

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi kishore

use PRCTR field and use Constant value and in that use Responsible Cost Center field.. It should work..

regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi summar,

Thanks for fast reply..

Can you give it brief … if my client give responsible cost center (not constant value )Because we have no of wbs elements under project.

thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Just one doubt.

Have you given the static solution or a dynamic one ? I doubt whether this solution will work dynamically.

I believe you are asking to put or hard code the value under constant with the same value being maintained in cost center. If yes, then the number range/nomenclature of cost center and profit center has to resemble.

And also, if you try to give use PRCTR field and it will ask for profit centers only as a constant which are being maintained in the system.

But, may be I am assuming something wrong with your solution. and you might have observed the solution but I am not able to track that.

Regards,

Amit

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for pointing it out.. it will not work in a dynamic situation.. I didn't thought it out. I was asking for hard coding the field by writing a small code.. didn't put the details correctly..

Krishna,

Sorry for the half solution.. In your scenario is it possible that within the project structure you have different responsible cost centers? If yes ignore my earlier solution it will not work out..

Assuming there is a chance of having multiple Responsible Cost Centers within your project.. what you need to do is use the user -exit functionality and ask your abap team to write a simple code wherein you take the value from the Resp. Cost Center field and update the Profit Centre.

They may have to check for hierarchy wherein the Cost Center are different.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar