cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restrict pricing date at Order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

When creating sales order there is a field to put pricing date. By default current date is picking by the system. But it can be changed by anyone with out any barrier. Can we have a approval level or restrict to change the pricing date for the people who do not have authorization.

please help me on this

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nifrash,

You can create an authorization object and add a check in the user-exit for this specific object. Add the authorization object in the specific Roles which will be assigned to the concerned people who are allowed to edit. Those users who have the authorization for the specific object will be able to edit.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

0 Kudos

Following up on what Sashi just said, USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION would be the place to put in this code. It has documentation on how to prevent input in a field. Some psuedo code:

- Check custom authorization object

- If authorization check is successful, do nothing (EXIT)

- If authorization check fails:

CASE SCREEN-NAME.

WHEN 'vbkd-prsdt'.

SCREEN-INPUT=0.

ENDCASE.

The above logic would hide the field to everyone except those authorized to edit it via your custom authorization object.

EDIT: Hmmm, I can already see a flaw in my logic. The pricing date field at both header and item are the same. Didn't think about that,  but I will leave my comments in here. Maybe you'll come up with a solution.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is ask your Security team to make it in display mode for transactions VA01 & VA02.  The other option is go with transaction variant where you can set the field to display mode.

G. Lakshmipathi