cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested delivery date changes once availability check is carried out in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

When an order is saved, the required delivery date on top of the screen and on the right are the same i.e. on each item first date, this is correct.

Once we do the availability check using transaction VA02 manually i.e EDIT->check document availability in the sales order, the date on the right of the actual order i.e. for the item, is supposed to change to the future date, which happens, this is OK.

However, the required delivery date on the top of the order is changing as well, I feel this is not supposed to change and should remain the same initial date requested delivery date at the order creation.

Could any please help and convey if the Requested delivery date in sales order gets changed after availability check is carried out in sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems, everytime you go to edit menu and do availability check, the system considers it as a new cycle and triggers the 'propose delivery date'.

So it will be giving a new delivery date. I donno if this is a standard function. Experts could throw some light on it.

But, why do you run the availability check in VA02, ie when  the order is already scheduled for delivery when its created?

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

THEN SAVE once the availability check

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What option you are selecting in the Availability check screen such as the "Delivery Proposal" or "Continue" .

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain for both selection what will be the effect on the Requested Delivery date

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

In the second screenshot u have shown, are you giving a new date in the popup?

Also please check the sales doc type in VOV8, if u have assigned anything in Prop. Delivery Date field..

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Jobi, we are not inputting any date in the pop pu, how ever in Sales doc type, propose delivery date is checked, hence the pop up is coming, but we are not modifying any date there.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "Propose deliv. date" in customising automatically populates a date in the "Requested Delivery Date" field. I don't think it is responsible for the pop-up we see in your screenshot.

What date does the "Requested Deliv. date" change to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requested delivery date is getting automatically changed to the same date on which the stock is confirmed as the First date at the item level after the availability check is carried out

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the screen shot where you were referring

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please reply ..its an urgent issue

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

"However, the required delivery date on the top of the order is changing as well,"

Are you talking about the requested delivery date on the order header level?

Please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I thats my concern requested delivery date on the order header level