cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice is not printing the total values but in print preview its showing all values.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While printing Excise invoice directly system is not printing the invoice correctly,( Extreme  right side values are not printing properly).However, while taking the same invoice print from PDF formate and taking the print, system is giving the correct format( total values are printing).

Correct print while taking from PDF print preview.

Not printing while taking print directly from printer.

Below is the missing values print out

As per my search i could not see anything relevant document to the above issue, please advise what could be went wrong and also share any relevant document if you found. i found the below link but i could not solve the issue, currently Basis team is working on this and trying  by changing the output device( with test output device but still it is printing the same format.

pdf image good in preview but distorted when printing without preview

thanks,

Srinu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

At last we ( Basis team) contacted SAP and they had mentioned that some correction required in the program, details as below.

After implementing the above lines now it is printing correct format.

thanks,

Srinu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this issue coming for all excise invoices or only for that particular excise invoice?  If it is coming for all excise invoices, then try to change the printer name in the output settings and check how system is behaving.  Also ensure that the smartform being used for excise invoice is a standard one and no zee validations are there

G. Lakshmipathi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is this issue coming for all excise invoices or only for that particular excise invoice? 

No sir, it is printing like this only for Manufacturing excise invoice and for Depo excise invoice ( having different driver program) it is printing correctly, NO issue with this, i don't think it is with printer issue based on this.

And also am not able to come to the conclusion that the issue could be with smart form because while printing from PDF print preview it is printing correctly.

thanks,

Srinu.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried printing via a front end printer and print it to a local PDF Printer on your computer?  I would think there is an issue with the paper page size setting that is either attached to the printer queue (A4 vs A3 as an example).

Also what does the print preview look like after it has hit the spool?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Have you tried printing via a front end printer and print it to a local PDF Printer on your computer?

Could you elaborate more the above lines?

I would think there is an issue with the paper page size setting that is either attached to the printer queue (A4 vs A3 as an example)

May be i can't ignore this but while going to PDF print preview and from there if we can take print system is printing with correct size and total values are printing the first screen shot of mine is the example.

Also what does the print preview look like after it has hit the spool?

It is showing the print preview with correct details ( all values it is showing) the first of my screen shot was the example.

Please let me know if you need any further details?

thanks,

Srinu.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A front end printer will allow for a Windows XP/Vista/7/8 menu to display and allow you to select a printer installed on your computer, this is done via method F/G (G is preferred way) then you can print to cutepdf or pdfcreator and verify the print out (without wasting paper).  This will rule out hardware of the printers you are currently sending the print.

A print preview in SAP GUI is going to show various zoom levels (or at least this is the typical behavior with my systems/SAP GUI) so I can't ever tell what page format/size was used just by that screen.  If you double click on your spool entry number you can confirm the format/page size other related technical information.

It might also be a possibility that a transport was imported that changed margins or something else related to the form( s ).  Is this all PDF forms in this business process or just this tax invoice?  Do you have older spools that work just fine?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. will check the front end editor tomorrow.

It is A/4 size

Is this all PDF forms in this business process or just this tax invoice? 

It is only having the issue with manufacturing Excise invoice ( having different driver program and smart form).

Where for the other invoices belong to other regions ( having another driver program, smart form) printing correctly.

Do you have older spools that work just fine?

so far we have not tested this and this is the first time taking printing & it is new.

thanks,

Srinu.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it does look like LPT1 aka LOCAL is a front end printer if you change from the hipnpr002b printer then you should be able to test a direct PDF generation on your computer.