Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CPS Question

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please clarify the below thing

One of our consultants from the client side copied the files from one Windows server(sapbod***) to another FTP windows server(srvpriv***) using the below command using a job definition type "cmd"

copy \\sapbod***\INTRPTS\Interface\ED1\Test1.txt   \\srvpriv***\offsite\CIS\Script\Development\AJTesting\SAP\Files

The script is ran on the windows server "srvpriv***" with only one parameter run as user : ce*\*****\****

1. Can we just copy the above file from one server to another server with the above simple command?.

2. How he is able to make the connection to the server1 and copied the file from server 1 to server 2 as he didn't mention any user to connect to the server1.

3. if the server1 directory is shared in server2. Can we copy the file like above?

4. Could you please tell what are all the scenarios the above command is possible.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

This is simply a copy command from one "windows share" to another "windows share". The user you specify in the "run as user" field is used to perform the copy. The user must be recognized on all concerned servers (e.g. be a domain user).

If you can log on as the user on the system where the job should run and perform the command, it should work in a job as well provided you specify the same user in the "Run As User" field.

This is a bog standard IT process, if you do not understand this I would suggest you read some books on Windows Networking.

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Carpenter:-).  I will do as you advised.

Regards,

Ramana

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter,

One more question on the above scenario

Can I use a file event pointing to the windows shared drive \\sapbod***\INTRPTS\Interface\ED1\Test1.txt by configuring the file event on "srvpriv***".

The platform agent is not installed on "sapbod*** ".
We have platform agent installed only on "srvpriv*** ".
Do I need to install platform agent on "sapbod*** "?

I will try to post this as a separate discussion incase if you won't see it.

Thank you in advance.

Regads,
Ramana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

File events are not supported on remote files. As the documentation states:

The files that you want events raised for have to be local files on the platform agent system connected to by the process server. Network shares do not have adequate file locking, this causes issues because the process server cannot reliably determine when the file has been written. Where possible the system refuses to detect networked files. If you want networked files to be detected you need to install a platform agent on the system where the files are local. Files located on a SAN are considered local files. NFS or SMB mounted files [SMB mounted files are Windows shares] are considered networked files.

Regards,

HP

Answers (0)