Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow problems

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues!

I've got a problem during the tests of my workflow for SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST process id.

I has the following stages (and agents) for path ZCOMMON_CREATE

with "Modify Task Settings" button I set needed Agent IDs. BTW what's the difference to set them with "Modify" button or "Modify Task Settings"?

I start my scenario and get the following error:

In the workflow log I see

"Failed to determine agent", but how?

On the stage GRAC_MANAGER starts standard FM that take a user from Manager field.

Could someone help me please?

Configuration for Workflow has been done according to the post-installation guide. With the same settings it works fine in another client of the system, but with different stages.

Or what can be wrong with TS76308025?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea how to fix it...

Does anybody know why in "GRC 10.0 Post-Installation" guide is recommended to set for workflow WS76300056 to General task? Although in spro it's not recommended to do it?

In the appendix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Access request workflows are recommended to get assigned with General task so that it could trigger the  events manually for access request approval or rejections.

There might be some more specific reasons but not so sure of what all.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thank you for your answer!

Have you seen the issue of "Failed to determine agent"? Am I right that the problem may be at workflow level rather than at MSMP configuration?

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

In your first configurations-screen of modify task settings; Agent ID is missing, could you please maintain those fields and give it a try.

You can maintain the same agent details under modify task settings and modify.

Let us know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Yes, I did it, when Mamoon noticed the possible issue. However, it didn't help.

I left just one stage for req.type "Change account", but even for standard FM it gives me the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Then in that case, it could be due to the issue with WF-BATCH id..

Please assign SAP_GRAC_ALL role and see if this works out. Post assigning if the issue is still there, kindly paste SLG1 report.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ameet... I have no words.

You are a genius!

When I checked the authorizations of the user (display mode) I saw my ZSAP_GRAC_ALL (copy of SAP_GRAC_ALL), but it was obsolete record after client copy! After your recommendation I assigned SAP_ALL and when I went back to Role tab it was empty!

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know you were able to rectify the issues with the suggested solutions.

I am no genius Artem

I am still learning and have to go a long way. We are using this platform for knowledge sharing which is not just one way but both ways.

This is like, Help you..Help me.

Cheers,

Ameet

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, in my case it's one-way road. I see here is lots of problems, but my knowledge is not so wide to help yet.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems that the problem is still alive.

I don't know why the workflow doesn't jump on 3rd stage

But this time workflow shows its process on the graph without any problems.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems that the problem with my rule based on Functional area of role

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mamoonr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

As I can See Agent Id is missing in your configuration:

Coming to your question:Modify enables you to chage stage ,Agent id, routing rule for one Path.

Modify task setting allows you customize stage setting like allow Forward option, Making Risk Analysis Madatory,Comments Mandatory for Agent while approving etc..

You have maintained the stage but still Agent Id is missing.Pleae maintain them.

It should work..

Thanks,

Mamoon

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mamoon,

Thank you for your help. But I have another question then. Are settings in Modify and "Modify task settings" not interdependent? Because I can set Agent ID in Modify and "Modify task settings", but it will be shown on the screen when I set it only in Modify. However, if don't put it into "Modify task settings" then I get errors during activations.

Do you for what purpose similar fields were made if they don't reflect settings of each other?

Back to my main problem:

I've customized a path just with one stage and assigned agent (similarly via Modify and "Modify task settings"), unfortunately, it doesn't work

I still think that the problem on WF level, but where, I don't know...

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

When you define the agent in Modify tab it will take the precedence over your modify task settings.

Suppose you have defined different agent in modify task settings then the agent defined via modify tab will take the precedence. So maintain the same in both the field and task settings is used for other actions as well to restrict the approver for a particular action from performing like forward, reroute etc..

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate your answer Neeraj. Now the difference is more clear for me.

Please look at my path. It contains just one stage, on the screen above I set the same settings as Mamoon recommended.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Artem