Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu in Composite Role issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

When building composite roles, is it possible for us to decide menu of which role comes first in user screen.

Like if we have composite role with roles A & B. We want menu of role B to come first then of role A for the user.

Please share your thoughts.

Peeyush.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peeyush,

While creating composite roles we can decide on the menu structure. A separate folder is created for each single role included into the composite role.

You can drag and drop the folders in the sequence whereever you want in PFCG Composite role menu. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ravi Kanth.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes ,we can do that. But we have nearly 100 composites to be build. So was thinking if there is a way out while adding roles to composites.

Else we will need to adjust menus for our 100 composites individually.

Peeyush

0 Kudos

You can activate the menu sort Function in the table SSM_CUST with the switch "SORT_USER_MENU". This activates the sort for all users in the system. However the function requires redundancy check to be activated (snote 322853).

You can activate several addional switches concerning the menu:

ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF

SAP_MENU_OFF

CONDENSE_MENU     (if you have duplicated folders this migth be an option to consider, snotes 203994, 357693)

SORT_USER_MENU (see above, snotes 322853, 334993)

DELETE_DOUBLE_CODES (if you want to get rid of double tcodes, snotes 357877, 1246860)

The actual settings require more information on your authorization and user experience model. However they should be done in a project changes to these settings affect all users and should include key users as well as sap security consultants. They could really have an implication on the process as it could changes the way users are working in the system and so... I assume you know what I am talking about.

PS: I am not aware of other options to do this other than in alphabetical order.