Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS Address Dictionary

hamza_bennekrou2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question regarding address standardisation with BODS flows.

My goal is to know if this kind of product can fit my needs in terms of standardisations.

Here is the situation :

I need to standardize addresses from persons (citizens, customers, ...) against the Address Dictionary.

Looking at the SAP standard documentation I couldn't figure out if the standardized address returned after transformation, also contains an ID from the dictionnary.

If yes, the following questions comes up.

if I have a person living in street A from 1980 to 2014, but in the time being in 2000 the country changed the street name to street B.

What would be the excpected result ? An address standardized on base of its date ?

If I standardize this address with validity period 1995, I'll get "Street A" and with 2013 I'll get "Street B" ?

If the adresses are replaced in the dictionnary (erase of Street A and insert of Street B with same ID), should I be worried that all my adresses of people having lived in Street A before 2000, will have a Street B displayed on my master data record ?

All this to come to the point of historization and versionning of the Address Dictionary.

Thanks in advance for your help and support

Regards

Hamza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The addrress information used for cleansing and matching in DS is not owned and maintained by SAP. The address directories typically originate from local postal organisationq. The only thing SAP does with them is put them in a common format that can be used by the tool. As a customer you buy a subscription on the directories you need. And you'll get the possibility to download an update, e.g. every 3 months. A new directory will replace the older version. No history can be maintained.

hamza_bennekrou2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks a lot for the precision.

I understand that the file we receive overwrites the one previously used on the system and therefore no historization is possible.

But what does new file contains ? Do I have a way to know that my former street A is now street B in this address dictionary. (I will need the Begian address dictionary).

In Belgium for example a portion of the "Boulevard Emile Jaqmain" has changed to "Boulevard Albert 2".  How with this file can I manage the standardization of the addresses used in my Master Data system ?

Thanks a lot for your help and time.

Regards

Hamza

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid that transformation process cannot be fully automated. In fact, you're giving a great example. Even if you might be able to change all your business partner addresses from Blvd Emile Jacqmain to Blvd du Roi Albert II, what would you do with the house numbers? They may have changed, too.

To my knowlegde, DS does not have a unique identifier for streets, houses... like other address validation systems have. At least, if there is one, it cannot be externalised. Anyway, even with a UID, there's no guarantee you can do that mapping automatically.

Answers (0)