cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect SAP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please any one let me know is there any third party toll is there to connect SAP server. We don't have SAP application but we need to access their information like SAP tables. we have all required information to connect.

But we don't know how to connect.

- Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

As best practices you should not access the SAP Table either back-end database or any other tool. you can browse the table information using the SAPGUI front end tool. in a transaction code SE16.

Could you share your requirement in detail?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your response.

My requirement we need to build a Data Model on top of the SAP tables, I read that SAP tables are in ER type of structure. we need to Denormalize the tables and have to maintain unified structure.

For these we are going to use SQL Server 2012 Database, and SSIS to Integration SAS for analytics SSRS for Reporting.

--vishnu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

1.  I am not sure about MS BI, You can use the SAP BI system,

2. Could you refer the Microsoft Business Intelligence Interoperability with SAP link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=htt...

3. Before that you check with SAP consultant by raise the support ticket.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram.

I have researched to solve this issue and found that "LIBRFC32.DLL" will help me to connect SAP database.

When i tried to download it from https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/support this URL, its asking for super admin username &  password.

Kindly let me know, how can i download this "LIBRFC32.DLL" library file.

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vishnu

Need more details What application you are using, what database etc..

-Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

We are using SQL server 2012 and we have all MSBI tools if it is needed.

-vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Can you please check the below link and let me know ?

Thanks & Regards,
Chaitanya