cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRBACKUP fails when run with SIDADM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While taking BRBACKUP using SIDADM getting error as below, We are taking backup on CommVault - Simpana v5.2.14. And OS is HP-UX 11.31

BR0229I Calling backup utility with function 'backup'...
BR0278I Command output of '/usr/sap/TN2/SYS/exe/run/backint -u TN2 -f backup -i /oracle/TN2/sapbackup/.bepbipit.lst -t file -p /oracle/TN2/112_64/dbs/initTN2.
utl -c':
/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libOraAgentBase.so'.
Killed

But when i use ORASID then i am able to run BRBACKUP successfully.

Please find the permission as below for BR files.

# ll br*
-rwsrwxr-x   1 oradn2     sapsys     22295456 Sep 29 11:48 brarchive
-rwsrwxr-x   1 oradn2     sapsys     22779736 Sep 29 11:48 brbackup
-rwsrwxr-x   1 oradn2     sapsys     27590240 Sep 29 11:48 brconnect
-rwxr-xr-x   1 dn2adm     sapsys     23658600 Sep 29 11:48 brrecover
-rwxr-xr-x   1 dn2adm     sapsys     15190224 Sep 29 11:48 brrestore
-rwxr-xr-x   1 dn2adm     sapsys     29824632 Sep 29 11:48 brspace
-rwsrwxr-x   1 oradn2     sapsys     16561536 Sep 29 11:48 brtools

# ll backint
lrwxr-xr-x   1 dn2adm     sapsys          31 Oct 10 08:40 backint -> /opt/simpana/iDataAgent/backint

Please let me know why it is not able to find the library 'libOraAgentBase.so' with SIDADM but it is able to find with ORASID.

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your backups are running okay with ora<sid> and not with <sid>adm, also if its simply a library not found issue.

locate the library file and ensure the library directory location exists in your PATH variable.

You should have ideally started by comparing environment variables for both ORA<SID> and <SID>ADM line by line.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I remember this issue for my client who use the same commvalt backup.

The brbackup finished sucessfully with ora <SID> only and not <SID> adm due to some issues.

It is also suggested by sap to use ora sid for backup.

Regards

Mohammed

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

you need to use ORA<SID> for backups not <SID>ADM

-giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

Please can you let me know whether it is documented somewhere where it says we need to use ORA<SID> for backups and not <SID>ADM?

Thanks,

Narendra

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Here is link, good luck

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8910c3a-0d01-0010-a6a9-f4a8aae14...

Mark answered if this helps.

-Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

Sorry, But I searched in the document but no where it says we need to use ORA<SID> for backups and not <SID>ADM?

Thanks,

Narendra

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had similar issues in the past in our HCM systems, i am using ORASID for Brtools (any database related tasks) sidadm won't have enough previllages to perform DBA tasks. are you scheduling these tasks via DB13 or RMAN?

-giri

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the backup script ? Most of the backup scripts even though if they are scheduled using some scheduler or under crontab of root are starting the backup command as ora<SID>. Check this SAP note 13550 - Using BRBACKUP and BRARCHIVE

You should start BRBACKUP/BRARCHIVE on UNIX systems as the user who owns the database (default: ora<sid>), for example, orac11.

Cheers

Reagan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Check environment variable as said Reagan and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH same as orasid.

If not works try to relink libraries.

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all;

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the environment variables of the ora<SID> and <SID>adm users and found same except as below, But we don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH for both ora<SID> and <SID>adm.

Server1:oratn2 3> echo $SHLIB_PATH
/usr/sap/TN2/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/TN2/SYS/exe/uc/h​pia64:/oracle/TN2/112_64/lib

Server1:tn2adm 21> echo $SHLIB_PATH
/usr/sap/TN2/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/TN2/SYS/exe/uc/h​pia64:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

But i tried setting the SHLIB_PATH same as of ORASID for SIDADM but no luck same error "/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libOraAgentBase.so'"

Even i tried to relink libraries but still no luck...Want to confirm whether we can run BRBACKUP with SIDADM account or we can only run it by using ORASID account?

Thanks,

Narendra

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Oracle backups are triggered using the ora<SID> user (In all the systems I have seen). I believe the library missing error is something to do with the environment variables of the user if the file is present in the location where it should be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File is present in the location and also accessible through SIDADM. If that is the case then i should have not be able to run BRBACKUP with ORASID then...

And also the file is located in /opt/simpana directory with permissions set to directory as 770 and owner as root and group as simpana. And i have added the SIDADM and ORASID to simpana group.

Thanks,

Narendra

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you review the environment variables of the ora<SID> and <SID>adm users ?