cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on printing COA through Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

We are printing COA s for delivery items to ship customer. We have batch determination setup for order during picking.

For any particular product M1 we may have same/multiple batches B1,B2,B3 etc placed in different storage locations in plant, and during pick, system can pick same batch B1 from two different locations (L1,L2). And when we go on printing COAs for the item, it only prints COA for the Material/batch combination and the available quantity in that location. Which means if we are sending 15 Drums to some customer of Batch B1 and sitting in location L1&L2 with 7 & 8 drums each locations, it will print COA s with 7 and 8 drum each . But we don't want to send two COA for the same Material/Batch/ Total Quantity to the same customer.

What will be the best way to print COA to have the total quantity of the Batch # shipping to customer irrespective of locations in the plant?

Thanks

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know this probably isn't going to fly, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway.

Why do companies insist on putting on quantities onto COA's?  COA's are to certify a batch, regardless of the qty.  If we ship the same batch out two months from now, the COA should be identical.  If they aren't, then by definition they aren't the same batch.

Unfortunately I know that this is sometimes a requirement by the customer.  We don't challenge this as often as we should.  Quantities are on the BOL and other shipping documents.  Why should they be on the COA?  If any qty is on the COA it should reflect the entire batch qty produced, not the amount shipped.

For specifics on your issue, I'm not sure there is a good answer for you since these are probably showing as separate items on your delivery.  Hence you get separate COA's.  I am a tad confused though as you say "it only prints COA for the Material/batch combination and the available quantity in that location".

Why are you printing this based on the qty in the storage location?  Shouldn't it be on the qty shipped?  What if you had 7 drums in the location but only had an order for 6 from the customer?  Form your note, the COA would print a qty of 7 on the COA not the 6 that was shipped.

This sounds like you might be using a custom COA program and not the standard, as delivered program.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

My comment ""it only prints COA for the Material/batch combination and the available quantity in that location"...is not fully correct..sorry for that....it should be ""it only prints COA for the Material/batch combination and the  quantity for the delivery line item".

We are not printing based on storage location, we are printing for the delivery/items.So if we have 7 drums  but we ship 6 drums to customer it will print 6 in COA for that Material/Batch  from the delivery item...its fine.

But issue is , in back end we have batch search strategy setup , now if these 7 drums from the same batch with same / different manufacturing date placed in same storage loc,  there wont be any split in delivery item and COA prints for all 7 drums, but if these 7 Drums are from same batch , produced in same/different dates but placed in different storage locations, then it's becoming an issue, batch split is happening . So when system is picking 7 drums, its finding say 4 drums in location L1 and another 3 Drums in location L2, and showing 4 drums of Batch X and 3 Drums of Batch X in two different lines for the same item in delivery.

Do I need to look something outside QM to fix this..unless we develop this!

Thanks

SK

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Susovan,

Whet is the access sequence used in output determination for COA ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub

We used below access sequence for the output.

0003- Sales Org/Dist Ch/Div/Customer

ZQC1- Sorg/Customer

SOrg/DC/Customer

Though we identified one exit where we can write codes to address the request, but can this be avoidable?

Thanks

SK