cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having problems reaching SCC for over a week now...

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

For more than a week back, I cannot reach my Sybase Control Center anymore, no matter what browser I use !

Normally I'm using Firefox, and I just thought that the certificate had expired or something, but I keep getting no data back from my SCC server.

I reinstalled SCC without any change...

I also started to tcpdump the traffic on my SCC server just to make sure it wasn't any firewall problem, but the web session actually reach my SCC server, so it must be something else ?

I have now tried with IE, Firefox and Chrome, but neither of them work

I have SCC running on two servers; Production and Test and it's the same problem against both of them

And yes, I have logged a case to SAP/Sybase support, but it's now gone a week and they haven't even picked it up yet 😕

Anyone out there that has experienced this and know how to fix it ?

Please advice

All the best

Mike of Sweden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,
we have found the problem !
It was probably caused by an installation of "Spacewalk" on the SCC servers, bringing an "openjdk" java version with it...
We removed the openjdk, and all certification and logon problems just dissapeared 🙂
But it is just soo strange that this did not show up in any of the SCC logs ?
Thanks for your suggestionsin this matter
/Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

what http response you are getting via browser? only "Site not reached"?

Is SCC host pingable and can you connect via telnet on SCC port?

Can you also post the last entries in SCC log? (scc-service.out / gateway.log)

May be your SCC is running out of memory.

Regards,

Jens

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

when running Firefox at the moment against SCC, I get the message "The connection was reset"

The host is pingable, yes

There is no entry in either of these two logs, they are completly empty both of them

I do get some output however, when I try to connect from Firefox and start a tcpdump session on that port number on my SCC server. So the firewalls are open at least

Regards

Mike

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

"The connection was reset" tells us that there is a response from the server regarding the port / service.

The logs are empty - strange. Are all logs are empty or only the named ones? When was the last restart of SCC? Have checked system log? On which OS you are running the SCC?

Have you added the SCC server to the trusted zone / local intranet which can be defined in the internet settings on IE? Sometimes there are issues regarding the trust of SSL certificate.

If it is an issue regarding memory leak, you can try to increase its allocation limit in the start script (default scc.sh on unix):

increase the value of variable DEFAULT_MEM_PERM (should be located in line 20-30). Default is 128MB.

Afterwards you have to restart the SCC.

Regards,

Jens

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

thanks for taking your time !

Not all logs are empty, the repository and agent logs are populated. But shows no error or problem.

The last restart was made by me last week (thursday I think).

Yes I have checked the system logs, but nothing strange there either

I am running on this current Linux version :

Linux version 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild@x86-008.build.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.4.6 20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jun 13 18:24:36 EDT 2012

Yes it has been added to the trusted zone !

I believe myself that this is some kind of SSL certificate issue ? But I have no idea how to verify or trace or chasing down this ? Running against it was no problem before, I have been using it for several years here, monitoring our replication environment. I think "something" has happened in our net regarding the SLL Certificate's ?

Thanks

Regards

Mike

ryan_hansen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is an issue with the ssl certificate I wonder if changing the certificate will help.
You can create a test ssl certificate and then import it.
I've attached a note/guide when testing.

Please backup any changes!!

Regards,
Ryan