Please find the Screenshot of error message

With regards

raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you post investment/borrowing flow for this transaciton?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting Investment

01A Shares - Investment

100 Purchase

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What valuation category on selection screen of TPM1 you choose?

You have to choose "Mid-year valuation with reset" or "Mid-year valuation without reset".

If you choose "manual valuation ..." then you have to fill view SM30 -> VALV_MANUAL_VAL

But "Mid-year valuation" is okey for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following messages are appeared

please find the screenshots. My client is using only one valuation area and NO Foreign currency Valuation.

I want to generate the report.

Please advice me

with regards,

raju

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you show me screenshot of FWZZ transaction for you security -> "Basic" tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with regards

raju

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRishna, why your nominal value is empty? Stock number is also empty.  That's what your errors tell you - system can not find nominal value And amount of stock.

IN valuations these 2 parameters are used -nominal value and stock number. Please ener them

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VAluation works in this way:

1. Foreign currency. When you make a posting of investment/borrowing flow in foreign currency. System creates position in foreign and local currency - this is book value. Exchange rate at this time is x1.

at month end you want to do valuation. System picks exchange rate x2 if it is changed. Then system multiply foreign book value to x2 rate. let's call it valuation book value. Then system compares local book value with valuation book value. Differences are posted as gain/loss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are not following Foreign Currency valuation.

How to exclude from the valuation?

with regards

raju

jasmine_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raju,

Please check the related transaction via FTR_EDIT, have you entered units for the deal ?

if you have 0 units (as it is unit-quoted stock) then there will be no book value.

If you do not need foreign currency valuation, you may assign another position change management procedure which does not have this step to the position: ftr_edit, menu > enviorment > position indicator. Make sure that no posting for the position, otherwise you cannot change it.

Customizing for position management procedure definition in SPRO: Treasury and Risk Management > Transaction Manager > General Settings > Accounting > Settings for Position Management > Define Position Management Procedure

Best regards,

Jasmine

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Please go and make the security class for quantity and nominal price.

Then go to IMG path

Customizing for position management procedure definition in SPRO: Treasury and Risk Management > Transaction Manager > General Settings > Accounting > Settings for Position Management > Define Position Management Procedure.

and make the change in your PMP like below example(1201).

It will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Jain

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna, i just wanted to show you that book value is used in valuation either foreign or security valuation. Security valuation is very similar to foreign valuation, but have some differences depending on it parameters.

So you have to enter nominal value and stock amount in your transaction.

If you want to exclude stock transaction from valuation - use "Multiple selection" button for "ID number field".

Answers (0)