Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aestick '*' value issue in Analysis For Office.. Totals are not matching

former_member208451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In the result set of the Analysis for Office it is showing '*' ( Aestick ) value in the default output, but when I check in the formula tab ( fx - above the cell A1 ) it is showing '*' ( Aestick ) as its value. What ever is there in the cell it is displaying the same value.

But the same thing when I checked in Bex WB for the same query in the result set it is showing '*' ( Aestick ) but when I check in the formula tab ( fx - above the cell A1 ) in that cell it is showing value ( what ever exists in that cell... ex: 100, 200 etc).

So due to this reason totals in Bex WB  is not matching with AO.

Can you please let share your thoughts why it is behaving different in AO. Aestick values won't support in AO ?? I am missing anything ?

Need your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi sunny Johnson,

I opened incident for this, I will let you know solution ASAP

: I believe mentioned problem was shown in below screen shot, in formula bar instead of value it is displaying * . (In BEx Web Analyzer it shows the value in formula bar)

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I have seen something similar with multiple currencies. Can you try bring in
your currency field in the crosstab.

former_member208451
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash for sharing the screenshot.

Thanks Michael. I have drilldown the base unit of measure in the AO WB and I can see the issue. Generally this Aestick value appears in report because of the BW collision issue.. ie.. different values gets aggregated. if your measure has different UOM it shows as * value in the WB. But when you drag the UOM next to the measure, value gets displayed in both Bex and AO WB.

The issue got identified that one of the record did not got coverted to the correct UOM, but when try to aggregate the number, it was displaying the * value.

Thanks for all the inputs..

Issue is resolved.

John.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you please share some screen shots of this situation?  Use the camera icon