Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify the unclassified users

melissa_tan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i'm currently performing the user measurement on my development system.

through usmm, i have manually classified my users accordingly but I still get the error message like

"75 users that are not classified are counted as Test

Check the classification of 5 users with SCCR key"

I searched through this forum and found this thread with the same issue

Problem is, even after following with the solution in that thread, I still get the same error message that my users are not classified are counted as Test.

I am at my wits end trying to search for these 75 users but still no luck 

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to where I can find these unclassified users?

Appreciate for your advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Melissa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa,

I am not as fortunate as Julius, as I work with USMM and SLAW every year. The two tools work together, so you can't really get away from USMM for the license measurement (USMM is used in each system being measured to gather the data, then SLAW is used in one central system to collate the data and prepare a single report).

USMM counts users in every client in your system, so if you have multiple clients, then chances are your 75 users you can't find are from a client other than the one you are running the tool in. You will need to login to the other client to adjust the license type. The good news, however, is that 'Test' users don't count against your license, so as long as they aren't developers who should be counted as such, you don't really have a problem.

You also mentioned some users with SSCR keys; have you already corrected those ones? If so, then I think you're good for your DEV system.

Regards,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I consider myself fortunate in that I have never had to use USMM for license measurement and rely on it.

However what I have heard is that SLAW works better than the old USMM. But that is just hear-say.

Best solution is to negotiate an enterprise license with SAP and then you never need to count beans again.

Cheers,

Julius

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa,

I am not as fortunate as Julius, as I work with USMM and SLAW every year. The two tools work together, so you can't really get away from USMM for the license measurement (USMM is used in each system being measured to gather the data, then SLAW is used in one central system to collate the data and prepare a single report).

USMM counts users in every client in your system, so if you have multiple clients, then chances are your 75 users you can't find are from a client other than the one you are running the tool in. You will need to login to the other client to adjust the license type. The good news, however, is that 'Test' users don't count against your license, so as long as they aren't developers who should be counted as such, you don't really have a problem.

You also mentioned some users with SSCR keys; have you already corrected those ones? If so, then I think you're good for your DEV system.

Regards,

Matt