cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any android application for SAP Community Network

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any android application for SAP Community Network?  I have explore mobile apps in SAP store but couldnt find any android application for SCN

http://www.sap.com/india/pc/tech/mobile/software/solutions/applications/overview.html

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

As of  now i  think there is  no

i move the thread to another forum

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Sikindar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

Yes, there is a #SCN app for android, BB and ios platform as well. You can check more details on this from this link

Please share your experience as a comment on this blog post

Regards,

JK

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Jitendra

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I have installed Jive Application  on Samsung Android Phone When I give URL in Jive Application. It

requested to enter Jive URL  I entered http://sap-scn.jive-mobile.com/   in Jive Application to connect

but couldnt able to connect It is showing a pop up message to enter correct URL.

The same URL I have used in browser It is connected with activation code.

How can I get connected through Jive

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SCN version is incompatible with latest Jive android app. For now your only option is to use it via mobile browser.

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your reply . If i go with browser what is the use? I can give SCN URL directly in browser what is the need for Jive application and activation code.

SCN should come up with direct installation of android application on phone . Rather than installing Jive to give activation code. The procedure seems to be uncertain A member who is having already an account in SCN. A  Member in SCN need to install jive to get connected. That is something different from other android applications

I dont see an Icon on phone to connect directly Everytime I have to use browser to get connected

To receive notification we have to install Jive we can also get email notification through gmail .

If i want to use SCN on my Phone I have to use Browser to get connected I believe its not an android application. It is just a browser but not android application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i go with browser what is the use?

It depends on speed of internet connection. The mobile url loads stuff at least 20x faster than pc url. It is beneficial for those working on slow internet connection.

SCN should come up with direct installation of android application on phone

That would be reinventing the wheel. The Jive app would be able to load SCN once SCN is upgraded. Since SCN uses Jive, it is best to use the app provided by them.

I dont see an Icon on phone to connect directly

That comes under customization. Just like web SCN is a customized version of Jive, it might be possible to roll out a customized version of Jive. Feel free to post an idea in Idea Place about it.