cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash board- pie chart to column chart data restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have requirement where in i need to display quarter to monthly data from pie to column chart where in need when i click on the pie chart quarter wise it should give me the quarter one result in the column chart ie for example if the user clicks on Q1 on pie chart it should display only Jan feb and march data on the column chart and similarly for the other two quarters according to the user selection on Q2 And Q3 it should display their corresponding months only.

Can any one suggest me??? am unable to restrict the data in the months, instead am getting all the months?

Note: This is on static Excel Data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

In the pie chart enable data insertion and select insertion type as position and bind to a cell A1. Now create three column charts for each quarter and bind corresponding labels and values. In the behavior tab of the column charts in dynamic visibility select cell A1 and the keys will be 1 for Q1, 2 for Q2 and 3 for Q3. So when you select each quarter in pie chart you will corresponding months in the Column chart.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have used the combo box to break this logic. .

Please find the attached .txt file. drag & drop the .txt file in dashboard designer to open it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari

It can be done that way but can i do that in a single column chart by hiding it dynamically,

This way i need to use three charts, so is there any other way with IF conditions???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have tried my source file, probably i have given the exact answer what you have expected. Instead of using three charts you can do that using a single column chart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya suman, but that version is not supporting it. Mine is a lower version to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ways,

I will try that by combo box suman ,

Thank you so much

Thanks

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

This can be achieved 3-4 ways. By using IF conditions also this is possible please find the below screenshots.

IF conditions formulas

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I done the same way as you did for my requirement, but am unable to resolve it.

Please find the attachments. so where in the mapping am unable to get that.

I need your help. This works on when the user selects the radio button and the corresponding quarter and then he clicks on Quarter to see the Month wise results.

Here are  the demo data and out put screen shots