cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GIS without LAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Is there any possibility to activate any functionality/ or configuration, to use GIS without using Linear Asset Management.

I am looking for any solution where custom fields or class/characterstics are not to be utilised.

Regards,

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

GIS can work independent from LAM. Using NWBC instead of SAP GUI, or Portal may make life easier for the developers as NWBS has side panel functionality which can be used for the maps.

With LAM, as far as I know, there are out of the box Business Objects solutions. .

But again, it is not mandatory to have LAM.

Regards

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savas, Thanks for your reply.

i was thinking, whether it is possible to add GIS fields/Tab to SAP screens to accomodate GIS data through standard functionality, without going for any enhancement.

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

Can you explain why you don't want to use LAM?

I am just interesting....

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

I am not sure about "without enhancement" but it is worth also taking a look at the capabilities of GUIXT. Maybe very simple GIS integration can be done without coding.

Cheers

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I think,, using LAM will cause me to go for new equipment/functional location categories.Work on other fields like linear attributes etc.

As of now, I want to achieve a GIS integration where i can locate my assets on map, and run some maintenance analysis from GIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GUIXT license seems to be purchased seperately..