cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What SAP to choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

In my past i have one year experience of being a Business Analyst and currently i am in the final year of my post grad in software development.

I wanna be an IT  business analyst and few teachers have advised me to try SAP.

Please guide me with what SAP course/certification to go for?

and also, if SAP is a good option?

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

SAP is definitely a good option. You could go for functional consultant or business analyst. In Germany the normal way is to apply for junior positions and let your employer pay for the trainings and certifications. That's the way me and many of my collegues did it.

If you want to play for a course by yourself you have a wide range of systems, components and modules to choose from. It very difficult to give an advice what might be best. Hot topics might be HANA, Mobile and Cloud but you should also ask yourself where your personal interests are.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas for such an helpful reply.

Added to it I have one more question.

As I was going through the e-learning category, I came across courses and certificates. What should I look forward? Which is better? A courses seemed to be expensive and long in time duration.

Moreover please guide me with the steps to follow to choose the certificate/course?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My favourite option always was to apply as a junior and let your employer pay the Trainings as they are really expensive and it might happen that you pay for the certificate and still don't get a job. But I don't know the job market in you country. Furthermore you should ask yourself first, which option interests you more. HANA is a new database. Cloud means the system is operated by SAP in their center. Mobile means mobile devices of course.

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above SAP is definitely a good option. And it is add on if you understand business. But if you don't understand where to start join some training. So that you will get some Idea. ABAP course is good thing to start with.and then BW HANA..If you have interest in reporting can start with BOBJ...

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go for ABAP.

pankaj